April 18th Drive and Brunch at Barolo | FerrariChat

April 18th Drive and Brunch at Barolo

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by notoboy, Apr 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    JOIN US THIS COMING SUNDAY FOR A DRIVE AND BRUNCH!

**DRIVE**
    We will be meeting at the Cloisters at 8:45-9:00am on Sunday, April 18 for a drive on some great roads outside the city - we will depart at 9:15am. This will be a great occasion to dust the cobwebs off the car and drive with other Ferraristi. The preliminary forecast says that it will be a beautiful day.

**BRUNCH**
    After returning from the drive, we will meet at Barolo restaurant at approximately 11:45am for brunch. The owner has assured us that there will be a minimum of 12 spaces in front of the restaurant reserved for our Ferraris. Barolo is a great Italian restaurant in Soho, located at 398 West Broadway. If you can't make the drive, please join us for brunch.

This event will happen, rain or shine. Please RSVP to let us know if you can attend.

We hope you can join us!
    notoboy & pchop

2. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I will be there. Menu details available yet?

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'll be joining. Sorry for my ignorance, but Cloister's is...

4. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    What is wrong with the Cloisters?

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Sorry read that wrong. The Cloisters is right over the GW Bridge. Where are you coming from?

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'll be coming from Manhattan Keith, and can come over the GW Bridge (assume The Cloisters is on the Jersey side?). Let me know where I should go from there, and I'd be happy to meet you guys.

Thanks.

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    GW is on the NY side of the bridge. Here are some directions for you:

Henry Hudson North to first exit after George Washington Bridge.

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    You will see signs after you take the exit and probably (not sure) after you get off the bridge. It is pretty easy to get there. I will see you there.

Hope this helps

Keith

9. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    The Cloisters is located in northern Manhattan. Take the West Side Highway north to the Henry Hudson north, and the entrance is the first exit after George Washington Bridge.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Great. Just so I know what I'm looking for, is The Cloisters a park-type area, a restaurant, meeting ground, or something else? Should I look for lots of buildings, or a vast open space? Will there be signage denoted it as such? Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to miss it.

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    How close is this place to where the Auto Show is?

12. udalmia

udalmia Guest

My mom and dad would love to attend! However, we are new to New Jersey so we really dont know our roads well around here.. if someone could tell us where/directions where to meet we'll be there!

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    ghost:

The area is a more open area that does not have any high rises. You are going to take the exit and drive on the road (drive around a 1/2 mile) to the open space where you will see us.

14. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    ghost:

The area is a park type setting with a building that looks pretty old, like a castle.

15. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    udalmia:

I live in NJ as well. Follow the directions above and you will be fine. This place is right over the GW Bridge. If you need help you can meet me and we can cruise out there. It would be a 5-10 minute drive if we meet right before the bridge.

16. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    K5MCL:

The Cloisters is about 15 minutes from the Jacobs Javits center in the city.

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Hopefully that won't be an issue, as weather is predicted to be north of 70 degrees.

pchop, is your car going to be ready by Sunday?

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    And just in case you are asking how close the restaurant is to the Auto Show, it's about a 10 minute cab ride. Directionally, the Auto Show is at the Jacobs Javits center, as Keith noted, which is midtown west. The restaurant is downtown, in the Soho area. Very easy to bridge the distance by cab (but then against, it always seems to be that way in Manhattan). Hope you can join us -- should be a lot of fun.

19. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    just got back from N. Carolina...didn't see one Ferrari there...though so more pickup trucks than I bargained for...

Count me in.

20. udalmia

udalmia Guest

sounds great, i actually live right by GW bridge, Fort lee!

21. fastaone

fastaone Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Peter F
    I might be able to make it also:
    Can I get directions from the throgs neck bridge? To the meeting place that is. I'm coming from Long Island

22. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    count me in on sunday.

anyone in NYC want to meet before we go to the Cloisters? Ive never been to the Cloisters and do not want to get lost.

23. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Weather update: Sunday 78F...and Sunny

24. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

So to get to the Cloisters....i take Henry Hudson north all the way and the exit to take will be the one after the GWB exit? I dont go on the GWB and take the first exit off the GWB right?

25. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I think I can make it too!