360 Interior, Silver Painted Trim, Anyone know the paint color? | FerrariChat

360 Interior, Silver Painted Trim, Anyone know the paint color?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by sparetireless, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I have a few minor scratches I want to hit with some touch up paint, however, it really needs to be the correct color. Has anyone been thru this before. The dealer says Ferrari does no do touch up paint for the inside or the outside.

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Any body shop specializing in exotics should be able to match the paint in the 360 interior.

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I am not a 360 owner but I believe that the finish inside the 360 is not painted. Rather the aluminum has been given a finish then annodized clear. I remember looking at one and wondering what Ferrari was thinking because it is an ultra fragile finish that is very easy to scratch. to get your scratches removed, I think that the best thing is to remove the part and take it to a shop that specializes in annodizing aluminum. I say remove the part because it avoids the 'Ferrari Tax' when they quote the price.

4. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    After having just removed ALL the silver metal trim from the interior of my 360 and replacing it with carbon fiber, I can tell you without a doubt that it IS painted silver. There are even painty fingerprints on the backside of the center console and a signature in red marker.

You can go see what the finished product looks like at:
    http://www.tabville.com/gallery/spider

You could always remove all the trim and have it all painted at the same time so that it all matches exactly. To paint 5 parts will cost only a bit more than setting up to paint just one.

Russ

5. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    Hi Russ,

Very nicely done up. Are they all tubi carbon parts? Is your exhaust capristo?

Phil

6. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Yes, Phil, All Tubi carbon fiber. The exhaust is indeed Capristo. Thanks for the compliment. Some folks don't like the CF, but most folks (including ME) ask why Ferrari didn't put that in in the first place.

I tell them that if Ferrari replaced all the bad stuff in the 360 with the good stuff, it would end up being and Enzo!

Russ