Detail Day Meeting Location? | FerrariChat

Detail Day Meeting Location?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I am assuming that alot of you guys attending the detail day on Sat would like to meet up and drive there together.

We've discussed 2 options in the other thread: 1) Meet at crystal cove
    2) Meet at Coffee bean location

Any preferences?

The detail event starts around 8:30 (includes coffee and pastries!!), so we will want to meet sometime beforehand. If we meet at CC, we probably want to get there around 7:00-7:30 or else the feminazi and rent-a-cops wont let us in.

I suppose one alternative is for the early birds to meet at CC, then drive to Coffee bean to pick up any stragglers, then off to Meguiars in Irvine.

Dom

2. 67GTC

67GTC Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westchester, CA
    Dom,

It's a long hike from Westchester, so I'm going to take the opportunity to go to CC and then on to the Meguiar's event.

Chuck

67GTC

3. SAF1

SAF1 Karting

Jun 26, 2003
    OC CA & Bangkok
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I will be at CC @ 7AM.

4. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well, if you trust the weatherman, we're supposed to have thunderstorms late Friday and into Saturday morning.

If you don't, then expect cloudy days.

However, on Saturday morning, if it looks like rain, I'll be bringing the Honda, not the Ferrari (assuming the event is still on). And no, not afraid to drive my Ferrari in the rain...my top leaks at the windows in the traditional Mondial fashion...

5. 67GTC

67GTC Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westchester, CA
    CNN weather calls for thunderstorms, but weather.com is less pessimistic; they say occasional showers with 30% chance of percipitation. In the past I'ver found weather.com to be the more accurate weatherman.

See you all @CC,

Chuck
    67GTC

6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Cloudy days would be good detail wise.

Rain!! Damn, this wasn't in the brocure when I signed up to live in California...

I'll send Mike at meguiars an e-mail about what to do in the event of rain.

Hopefully, it will just be a light drizzle, and we can ignore it. Will keep you guys informed if there are any changes.

Dom

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Dom,
    Great going! I will try to wake up and meet up at CC with you guys, but most likely, I'll join up with you guys directly following CC...

Anybody want to meet up at the Coffee Bean?

Byron

8. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    sunday looks nice..if any of you want to head over to my "**********"..location. As always it would be my pleasure.

9. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    I'm heading to the coffee bean meeting spot right now, hopefully there will be someone to caravan with before CC. See y'all soon!

-Jay.

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks Dom for organizing this. I think the turn out was better than expected for day that did end up raining.

And I forgot another reason why I was going to (but forgot half-way to Crystal Cove) bring the Honda vs. Ferrari: non-operative rear left passenger window.

THANK YOU DOM for figuring out what was likely wrong (and ended up being wrong) with my car - you kept my Mondial from becoming a pond today!

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Dom and Mike at Maguiar's,

Outstanding job today organizing this event!! This was a great time and very informative. Heck, we were there til after 4:00PM detailing the bejesus out of our cars and loving it. Mine looks great after the clay job and new tech wax shine. We also had Barry Maguiar come in and tell the "company story."
    Good work!

PS - Sunny came out of F-chat sabbatical for a bit ;)