searched archives, found pics, still can't get GT4 seat out! | FerrariChat

searched archives, found pics, still can't get GT4 seat out!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jm3, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    The rear seat of course....
    I have removed four bolts total. The hidden ones on the side, and the seat belt anchors. There has GOT to be something I am not seeing. Mystery clips? Do you think I need to remove the side panels? They are riveted, but it doesn't appear there is anything else in there.
    Any help appreciated.
    Jay

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    When you figure it out, let me know. I can't do it either.

3. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I would like to know too. I don't have a GT4 but would like to know. On my 308 it was just the 4 bolts and lift straight up. I had some brackets over them but other than that it was straight forward. Sorry I can't be more help. Keep us posted.

4. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I can't believe the problem that your having. My seat came out after removing only the two bolts inside the side pockets. Once they were removed the bottom of the seat was loose, then I raised the seat up to disengage the lip along the top edge (the headrests may have to be removed to get enough upward movement). Maybe someone glued your seat in place. Check along the bottom edge were the carpet runs under the seat, my car had a lot of carpet glue overspray in that area. Here is a picture of the back of the seat, only one bolt per side.

5. DEMETRE GOUDAS

Nov 10, 2003
    I have a GT 4 also and last year when I tried, could not remove the back seat even after removing the head rests. I was recently told by an upholstry shop that sometimes the leather seat glues itself to the side panels, and that i should try to slip something in between to seperate them,moving ittop to bottom carefully as to not damage the leather. I have not tried this yet. If u do please let us know how it goes.

6. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    There better be a lot of change under that seat.
    Thanks for the advice.

7. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    The rear seat is a 'soon'-type project.......

However, I had to remove the glove box. It's covered in vinyl, and it did securely glue itself to the rest of the dash. I had to pry it away. (carefully!)