looking for a MPH speedo unit for 360 | FerrariChat

looking for a MPH speedo unit for 360

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by michael ward, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michael ward

michael ward Rookie

Feb 9, 2003
    London
    I am in the process of importing my 360 into UK but cannot get the car registered until i can find a MPH speedo unit. I am told that Ferrari UK won't be able to get one within 4 weeks. Any ideas/ help would be appreciated.

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Michael you dont need a MPH speedo to register the car in the UK, I have a LHD 911 that was imported into the uk in 1996 the car got its first MPH clock last may when I was given one! but if you just want to have one for peace of mind why not get a dial overlay (with marks for 10, 20, 30 mph etc.)
    if you need any help with getting the car in please PM me, or have a chat with Adnaan who's just brought a lovely Mondial T in from France

3. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I got my 360 LHD imported via Litchfield Imports - they were very good in sorting out all the paperwork etc. and I still have a kmh speedo.

As for 4 weeks for the part - great news. They have to know the mileage when ordering the part. Tell them the mileage on the clock now and then burn as many miles in it you can before going back!!

4. michael ward

michael ward Rookie

Feb 9, 2003
    London
    Thanks Andrew and Izza. I will certainly look into keeping the KMH speedo if possible then as will be doing most of my driving in Europe anyway. The car has arrived in UK and cleared customs so i just need to get it registered.

One more question which may sound a bit stupid but i have been out of UK for a while. What is the best way to get cars across the Channel these days?
    Are there any problems loading F'cars onto either the train or Sea cat?

thanks

5. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I took Seacat to Le mans last year - no problems except there are limited number of sailings.

I usually use the Eurotunnel. No problems at all although always ask to go in the section for cars over 1.85m. Downside is you end up with the coaches of schoolkids. The upsides are you get off first, never have to worry about clearance of ramp up to first floor and the extra width doesn't play havoc with avoidance of wheel hubs. Well worth it.

Izza