street racing | FerrariChat

street racing

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ferrari fernatic, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
    i've seen this wicked site which shows lots of amzing street races the site is:
    http://www.racingflix.com
    bit the sad thing is you have to have a membership but if you get one it's well worth it. they got cars like bmw, lambo's, porsche and ofcourse ferrari's

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I think a true sign of maturity is having the restraint to not put the pedal to the floor when challenged by the teen in the next lane.

Dream mode on...

By the way, "My Dream" is to build a race facility in my area
    where young men and women can come learn the right way to race cars,
    while being instructed by caring race enthusiasts who want to make a difference in the world.
    And of course when it is not a kid safe weekend event,
    it is the premiere stopping point for a any car clubs track day event.
    Now all I have to is get the land, and money, and a few like minded individuals to be on the board of this non profit, and were off to the races, so to speak.
    Philanthropy for the racing enthusiast.

Dream mode off......

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Wont get much of that from the average F driver, most condem it and start useing words like maturity and save it for the track even though tearing round the track at safe speeds that most do,does not make you a safe driver....truth is the average F driver have no balls for it, or afraid if being beat. Come on bring it on!!!

4. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Dave,

Skip Barber has high-performance driving schools and racing schools at a number of tracks around the country. Check it out.

5. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Charlie,
    Are you trying to commit suicide? I'm surprised you haven't been flamed yet. By the way, are you old enough to be a curmudgeon? :)

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    How ya doing Tom, i know that mate thats why i did it, yesterday i felt like an argument, and was by my key pad hot and ready to take on all commers ........but today i am in one of my quite moods dont feal like one ,and regret what i said now.LOL! Whats a Curmudgeon mate?

7. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    cur·mudg·eon n. An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.
    n :An avaricious, grasping fellow; a miser; a *****rd; a churl.
    n : a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas

A true curmudgeon would never regret posting something like that ;)

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Hey then i take it back......bring it on!!!!!!

9. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "Skip Barber has high-performance driving schools and racing schools at a number of tracks around the country"

True, but I was hoping to build a "local" track where instructors would donate their time to mentor kids in return for full track privileges.

10. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    LOL . I've been there a few times myself. I would post something and wish I could erase it a few hours later. It was usually something involving real racing vs. track days. Oh well. I guess we're both just emotional people who sometimes type a post before our brains are in gear. :)

A "curmudgeon" is a grumpy old man . It fits me, at times. Talk to you soon.

11. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher

12. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Again this is a subject that get's my blood boiling. Streets are meant to allow people to get from point A to point B. Race tracks are there for racing!!!! If I am very passionate about the subject, it's simply due to the fact that I've had a few of my friends either get mangled or killed as a result of street racing. I think street racers are not only stupid...but just plain irresponsible!!!!

F-Fernatic, I've noticed that you haven't responded to this thread that you've started...

Three tips:

1. It's spelled M-O-N-A-C-O;
    2. City names are capitalized;
    3. It's time to turn your baseball cap around and move out of your parent's basement....and grow the hell up!!!!!

13. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    F**kin ell, are you ok Bernard mate, you sound stressed dude, you best get a blow job soon man, that helps. LOL!

14. 355now350soon

355now350soon Karting

Mar 19, 2004
    Chaa, bring it on man. I have a 355 and will destroy on a street race. I am the kind of guy who never said no on the street. Not all Ferrari drivers are ***** a$$ old farts. These old farts that I am talking about will comment on my spelling in a few minutes. Doesn't matter at least I can drive and beat most of you like little *****. Specially the one that talk about spelling and how it is not safe to race on the street.
    Bite me.

15. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    A blow job, hhhmmm....capital idea!!! But all kiddings aside, what really get's me bothered is people that glorify street racers. There are quite a few events here around Montreal , that host this particular type of racing; with stewards, emergency crews and all of that. I thinks it's fantastic that such events take place.

As far as the tone of my previous post; if it was a tad agressive (or emotional)...what can I tell you:

1. I (along with my wife) almost got killed by some "meathead" in a Vette who was street racing with another Vette.
    2. What do expect from an Italian?

Cheers mate!

16. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    355now350soon, F**king A dude!
    So Bernard your Italian, Mmm that explains the emotion dude, although i think you were a bit early with your responce, i would have thought you would have givern it at least another 4 months before responding like a true hot headed Italian.LOL Forgive me mate but i have been waiting 4 months already for a tail light unit for my mV Agusta F4 to come from Italy, "it comes'a when'a it comes'a englaze pig'a"......hows the acsent dude? needs work? Take it easy dude.

17. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "I have a 355 and will destroy on a street race. I am the kind of guy who never said no on the street. Not all Ferrari drivers are ***** a$$ old farts. These old farts that I am talking about will comment on my spelling in a few minutes. Doesn't matter at least I can drive and beat most of you like little *****. Specially the one that talk about spelling and how it is not safe to race on the street.
    Bite me."

These are the kids that need mentoring, before they get to this stage...
    Teach them right, and they are great drivers on the street,
    and wicked fast on a race track.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with a little spirited driving...

Funny thing I learned a while back,
    It's usually the guy spouting off about how fast he is
    that is slowest around a track, while the ***** a$$ old farts quietly lap him.

18. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Dave: Thank you for backing me up. And no, there's nothing wrong with a little spirited driving.

Chaa: With regards to your tail-light, your best bet is to go to Italy yourself, buy the part and kick the guy who called you an English pig in the "bollocks" I hope I used that word in the right context.

355Now....all I can say is that I won't engage in a verbal Wimbleton with you, or correct your spelling. IMO your tone and the message that you convey speaks volumes about you.

To the F-Chat community: Anyone out there who opposes street racing, I vehemently invite you to voice your opinions and show everyone out there that most F-car owners are a classy, responsible (and at times nutty) bunch.

Cheers!!

19. motoxxx63

motoxxx63 Rookie

Apr 4, 2004
    There are 2 types of drivers.

Those that think they can drive because they know how to push a gas pedal down all the way and maybe even shift a gear...yet understand nothing about vehicle dynamics etc. These people go out street racing with people of their type, mod their car's day and night to make it faster in a straight line, and brag to friends, family, neighbors, and internet messageboards about how fast their driving is. I think with enough training...a monkey can drive a car fast in a straight line.

Those that can really drive...they could give a rats behind about street racing...will enjoy their car's on the track....improve their driving skills...learn to outdrive their car...and then mod it to increase their lap times around a racetrack. These people silently laugh at the streetracers.

Those you see bragging about streetracing, etc are those that have never been on a track to experience real driving. It's not their fault...they just dont know any better. Occasionally a few of them will make it to the track...realize that they are in their "fast car" yet the old guy with a BMW 328 is passing them without any trouble. They then wake up from their dream of what a fast driver thy are.

Those that dont wake up from the dream end up waking up to a nightmare by killing an innocent person...or better yet they never wake up cause they killed themselves

To all those posting here who think you are racers, fast drivers, etc...and have never been on a track....I invite you to take part in a track event. I'll bet by the end up the day your view will have changed.

20. motoxxx63

motoxxx63 Rookie

Apr 4, 2004
    Just for amusement....When i was in highschool my dad got me an e36 M3. Another kid at my school got the same exact car I had 3 months later. This kid would never leave me alone about racing him. He went, got Dinan parts, cold air intake, chip, all the extra junk to "increase his 0-60 time" so that he would have the fastest car in school. He was bragging to everyone about how fast his car was, how good of a driver he was, etc. I grew up driving karts...and I had attended quite a few track events before this time...so I never really bother with the guy.

One day after school I was leaving with my girlfriend...and I see him on the street outside school. He gets beside me when we are leaving and him and his friend in the car start taunting me to race him. He keeps telling me he wants to see how fast his mod's made his car compared to stock. I told him I'll race him on the freeway as long as he can stay behind me on the freeway onramp which was about 1/4 mile ahead. The onramp is a nice right handed banked onramp with a decreasing radius. We both accelerate at the green light, and he changes lanes behind me. I can take the onramp at around 75mph if I drive the right line through it. He follows me at my speed...but unfortunately not my line. I hear screaching...my girlfriend screams...I look in my rearview mirror and see him spin into a wall. I pull off on the shoulder, run over...he is screaming and yelling and cussing and his friend is in shock. I ask him if he is ok...he says ya...i ask him what happened, he say's he doesnt know. I say "Man..it must have been those Dinan mods...your car is probaby just too fast." (What happened was he oversteered, panicked, and smashed the brakes which caused him to spin right into the wall). I walked back to my car...got in it...see my girlfriend laughing her A$$ off...i driveaway. His car was totalled and I was back to the only kid with an M in my highschool

21. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    dang, what a waste of a perfectly good BMW

22. eschoendorff

eschoendorff Rookie

Apr 12, 2004
    I agree with you completely. And turn your dream mode back on... if you build it they will come!

23. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    There's always one of these kinda threads that show up once in a while. Anyway, Dave's idea about the track sounds awesome. I'm pretty sure if there were more tracks out there then it'd probably cut down on that kind of driving.

I was in a similar situation where a friend challenged me to street race. It was raining earlier and the roads were wet. I was infront on the onramp onto the freeway. It was a sweeping right hander and I was bright enough to not push through the turn. On the otherhand my friend in the back felt compelled to prove something and went beyond his abilities. He bounced off the walls a couple times before spinning across all three lanes of the freeway. Luckily there was no traffic. If there was he'd have a few issues since he was facing the opposite direction of the flow.

Simply put its a teenage thing that a few of us grow out of and realize there is more competition and excitement on a track. I'm lucky that I grew up with karts and a nearby race track to go to. But I've learned my lesson the hardway, but luckily through others mistakes.

24. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    You won't hear any complaints from me about your spelling or sloppy syntax. I suspect there is a silent majority on this board that appreciates the insight and wisdom in your posts.

25. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i've been on a racetrack before as a passenger only and can easily concede that it would take years before i could drive remotely close to how those folks on the track were driving...

i don't have the time nor the money to engage in any kind of track racing or schooling or any of that stuff, so, every once in a while, if someone on the street wants to horse around, i'll bite if everything looks cool... Sometimes, i'll just go for the "spirited run" by myself...

We really can't sit here and pass judgment on the straight-line folks; they modify their cars to do just that; if they wanted to, they would modify their cars for other types of racing... Everyone likes something different...

A year or two back, a guy in a Diablo and a guy in a 'Vette raced on the street, in the middle of the day, here on Long Island... i recall 3 people dying as a result of that race... The pictures of the Diablo were pretty bad...

i think, for the most part, the "streeters" here know their limits and have a modicum of respect for other people on the road... i don't race through heavy traffic (anymore) and i'm sure most of the folks here don't, either... If i could afford it, i'd be on a track every spare second of my life...