hotel for Ferrari factory tour | FerrariChat

hotel for Ferrari factory tour

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Adrenln328, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    This has been discussed before, but I can't make it come up when I do a search of this site, so sorry for the repeat.
    This next spring (mid May), some of us are heading to the Ferrari factory & have seen the recommendation for the hotel that is across the street. We don't remember it's name or website.

1-is that still the hotel that most folks recommend staying in during a factory visit?
    2-if not, any others that are better?
    3-there is a restaurant that was recommended for us gringo Ferrarista visiting there, too. Name or comments?
    4-is there a better time of day or day of the week for visiting?
    Thank you,
    Byron in Wa State

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    hi byron,

i've been to the ferrari factory several times (most recently last month). if you have a choice of time for the tour try to avoid late morning because you will be right in the middle of the tour when workers start taking lunch breaks. it's more interesting to take the tour while people are working.

maranello is a nice place to visit for the day, but modena is more interesting and has more charm. maranello is an easy 15 minute drive from modena. i'd definitely recommend staying in modena for a couple of days and just drive (or take a taxi) to Maranello for the factory tour and an afternoon of poking around the ferrari store and museum.

while in maranello you definitely want to have lunch at the Montana Ristorante (10 minute walk from the ferrari factory). This is michael schumacher's favorite place for lunch when he's in maranello. really good food and cool ferrari atmosphere.

we stayed at a nice hotel in modena called Hotel Real Fini. it was about $180 Euros per night. the hotel in maranello that most people recommend is the planet hotel. i think it is less expensive at about $100 Euros per night. it's right across the street from the factory so if you decide to stay in maranello then this would be a good choice...but stay in modena :) more to do. more restaurants, stores, etc. plus it's an interesting town to visit.

Hotel Real Fini
    email: [email protected]
    telephone: 011 39 059 205 1511

Planet Hotel in Maranello
    www.planethotel.org
    telephone: 011 39 0536 946782

i can go on and on :) email me if i can be of any more help to you.

best,

rick ramage
    [email protected]

3. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    byron:
    i went to maranello after the monaco GP this year, and i stayed at : Hotel Europa (Hotel Europa, Via Mediterraneo, Tel. 0536/940440 Fax: 0536/941612), it's nice, clean , close to the factory/fiorano and just on the outskirts of maranello toward modena.
    if you want to see the f1 cars testing, i suggest you try to align your visit within one week of a gp weekend (best chance).
    have fun, and enjoy.
    regards,
    hubert

4. Any of you folks have pics of when you went. ?

5. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #5 Hubert, Nov 24, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #6 Hubert, Nov 24, 2003
  7. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #7 Hubert, Nov 24, 2003
  8. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #8 Hubert, Nov 24, 2003
  9. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    monaco gp:

10. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #10 Hubert, Nov 24, 2003
  11. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #11 Hubert, Nov 24, 2003
  12. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
    I stayed in Hotel Domus last summer. It's a 10 min walk from the factory and Fiorano. I was unlucky, it wasn't the season somehow. Saw about 3 driving Ferrari's in 2 days and nothing at Fiorano :(

13. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    The Domus is better than the Europa. The Domus has a sculpture in front of it dedicated to Enzo. I would agree that Modena is a great town that has more night-life than Maranello I would reccomend staying at the Planet Hotel as it overlooks the factory. I stayed there last year and I kept nipping out onto the balcony every time I heard a noise! I couldn't sleep well anyway as I knew I was going to see the 'inside' the next day!
    As for eating, you should try the Cavallino which is also just across the road from the factory gates.

14. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    This year I stay at the ALBERGO (HOTEL) FONDAZIONE MANNI. It was a pretty good hotel and not at all expensive. It is situated in the same street of the factory entry.

ALBERGO (HOTEL) FONDAZIONE MANNI
    Via Nazionale, 60
    41053 MARANELLO (MO )
    Tel: 0536/943406

Go to Maranello during the week and if you are lucky you can see some Ferrari on the circuit of Fiorano.

15. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Entry of the Fiorano track

16. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Enzo Ferrari Monument in the town place

17. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Track view from the bridge.

18. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Factory entry for the cars test

19. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Enzo on track

20. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Gilles Villeneuve street, there are many others pilot street like Nuvolari, Musso, ...

21. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Great pics cavallino. The last time I was in Italy we were on a very tight schedule and I didn't get to go down to Maranello & Modena, but that will be different the next time I go, if I have anything to say about it. ;)