Abandoned 348 on I-35E | FerrariChat

Abandoned 348 on I-35E

Discussion in 'Texas' started by txhansen, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. txhansen

txhansen Karting

Nov 30, 2003
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Rich Hansen
    I was driving north in I-35E and saw what appeared to be a red 348TS sitting dark on the side of the highway just south of Crosby road at 11:30PM Friday night. I did not get a good look at it so I may be incorrect but both my wife and I thought that is what it looked like. Anyone else see it or know who it may belong to? Not a good place for a car like that to sit for very long particularly on a Friday night.

2. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LoL...My friend w/me that night said he thought he saw a Ferrari, but I told him that it was most likely a Camaro or something. Thats strange!! Maybe the guy ran out of gas or something?? Crosby Road is in the Carrollton area, right???

3. txhansen

txhansen Karting

Nov 30, 2003
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Rich Hansen
    Yes that is in Carrolton. I did not notice anyone walking on the side of the road and there were no flashers or anything on. There was some police activity about 1 mile south of there so not sure if it was related or not. The chances of it being a Ferrari are pretty high just not sure if it was a 348 or 355.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Where is Rick Rainbolt? Anyone?

5. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

I know of a very well done TR kit car in the DFW area, maybe it was him?

6. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Ya, it was probably a kit car because a Ferrari is so realiable that it hardly ever breaks down!

7. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Yeah sure, about like the time i had to leave my 355 spyder out on 67. I blew a tire and had to go call a friend and have him take me back to my house to get my trailer. I had to leave it for 2 hours. Nerve racking.