New York Information Needed | FerrariChat

New York Information Needed

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by JamesH, Apr 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JamesH

JamesH Formula Junior

May 11, 2001
    San Carlos, Californ
    Full Name:
    James Hom
    Hi,
    My step daughter may be attending Pace University in New York. What would be a safe neighborhood for her to look for housing that is also affordable? She mention East Village. Is this near Pace and is it a nice neighborhood. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

James

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    The East Village and West Village are the most overpriced neighborhoods in the entire Manhattan area. This is because most foreigners or visitors to NYC usually want to rent/stay in that area. The East Village is around a 10 minute subway ride to Pace University, which is very close in Manhattan terms.

All manhattan neighborhoods are relatively safe now. THere is not much to worry about. Crime is significantly down. I would believe the most affordable and safe neighborhood on the East side (Pace Univ. is on the eastside of Manhattan) is probably the Gramercy Park area. But I am not sure if a young woman would want to live there because it is very residential and not many "hip" enough places around it.