FOC Florida has done it again! | FerrariChat

FOC Florida has done it again!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Cavallino Motors, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Well I checked through my website today and linked into FOC Florida and what did I find?

My wife and my ads have been taken out of their system, although they still owe me two publications in Tifosi. Not just that I do not get e-mails from them, no, I also do not get club notifications and now they are screwing me on advertising as well.

Not bad!
    So much for renewing this year!

2. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    What did you expect??? Honesty and Integrity????

You got screwed when you sent them your membership fee
    and kept getting screwed......we all learned that.

3. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    check through the calendar of events to come in 2004.

yawn....nothing. Monterey Historics, ah the new FOC Florida event. Ah everything east of Monterey is Florida I guess.

Do I dare to say WTF???

next track event is 2005, late 2005. Wait another 500 days for your next track experience but please send in your check for the glamour magazine Tifosi (not being published since 2002) and our great dinners, not held since 2003.

4. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    I must add that they did add Gary Roberts (from Sarasota) to the Board and I know him to be truthful and a straightshooter.

As for the others who cares anymore.

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    There were a lot of truthful straight shooters on the board before too...

BHW

6. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    you are right Barton.
    as they say........been there done that as well as others that BELONGED to the FOC. we're having more fun now and not having to deal with any B.S.
    I hear no news of the FOC..........I guess because I don't have the membership anymore!!!! as others have said in the past. "the FOC will die a slow death."
    Martin, sorry you got screwed. I guess you joined the list.

7. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I have talked to Kevin and there is a new board that is trying hard to turn it around and make the FOC Florida work again.
    I for one hope he and the others will do. Giving it has been run down by one man, it can be rebuilt by a group of dedicated people.

Kevin, I will sit back and watch your efforts. Hope you will get it going. I truely hope you do.

From me to you, Good Luck!

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    is this the Martin that I know? Maybe an imposter!

9. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Martin, how can you see your ads if there is no magazine to see it in? They should at least keep you as a sponsor and offer you a banner on their website as a replacement. IMO

10. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
    Paul, One of the items to be considered by the new FOC Florida Region board is the format of the magazine/newsletter and advertising rates. They will also consider the advertising rates for the web site. They will also decide how to complete advertising that has been paid in advance. Please give them a chance to meet and take action.

Martin, You need to get your web designer to make your site compatible with Netscape and Mozilla. When you go to your web site it returns a message that the page is blank. It works with MS IE but that browser is too prone to security problems to be used.

11. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    My association and sponsorship with the FOC was a disaster. FCA people give me dirty looks and still have not foregiven me.

12. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Bruce, I appreciate your comments, but I can assure you that I was intimately involved with the FOC Florida region for many months and know how and why it all fell apart. If their magazine does get back on its feet they should definitely consider how they can compensate previous advertisers who did not get the full benefit of their advertising arrangement; whether it was in print or online.
    Hopefully they will get to that point. Maybe mend some fences along the way.
    If there is a new FOC FL board, who is the Director? When will the new person be nominated and elected? Who wants the job anyway?
    In reality, in Florida, we really don't need another club. Good luck to them.

13. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
    Paul, There is a new board. The members are listed on the web site at http://www.focfloridaregion.com. They should be meeting soon to select a new regional director and take care of the other business. I was a member of FCA before the FOC and attended some of Paul's dinners in Sarasota, so I know much of the situation. I have taken over the web site and am waiting for the board to take action on several items including advertising. There are some carry over ads on the site now. I expect some of them will be removed or moved after the policies are set. Please contact any of the new board members if you have any concerns.

14. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Paul,
    they will supposedly meet in about 3 weeks to have general discussions. Kevin has sent numerous e-mails to me and Ray to work out our situation. I applaud him for taking a stad and wanting to discuss the "Ray"-situation. That to me is a bog thorn in my eye and of course nobody but us involved really knows whats going on there. Kevin will make an adequate presentation at that new board meeting and we will see how the FOC will handle this.

I'd say give them a chance. If they will change, great. I disagree with you on the fact if we can use two clubs. I think we can, we just don't need two that fight each other but two that complement each other. With the new leadership in the FCA through Jeff and new leadership in the FOC I think this can be an interesting adventure.

Lets see the outcome.

15. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    I have great respect for Gary Roberts and I have met Bruce a few times but do not know him very well.

The FOC FL was founded on Vengeance and that was its undoing.

I wish the FOC Board good luck but until the former regional Director has no involvement with club I will have no assocation and I believe this will be the case with many others.

The new Board can do all it wants but until it cleans house their efforts will be hamstrung by its continued assocation with a Board Member whose goal is to destroy the other Ferrari Club in Florida. This particiluar board member has made his opinions very clear to many.

The fact that there are two Ferrari clubs is pretty silly in its self. Is there some great difference between the two clubs and what they aim to achive? NO...It is all about being in charge (Adults acting like Children).

That's why Scuderia SRQ and the Squids are so much fun...
    No Stupid Boards, No Dues and No Headgames!

That's my 2 cents

Paul
    KING OF SCUDERIA SRQ FOR LIFE!

16. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Well if you are King then Scuderia Sarasota is a monarchy?
    jk :)

respectfully
    Martin
    Prince of Zarmunda

17. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    I just have one question, why does Florida need two clubs?

18. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
    Florida does not "need" any clubs as Scuderia Sarasota and the Squids have shown, but the answer is choice. If the clubs and non-clubs can get along with each other and share activities, we will all have more choice of the type events that we like to attend. Lets make all of the events open to all.

19. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Bruce,

The Squids and Scuderia SRQ events are open to all (we even allow those Lambo owners access, although they must park in the handicap section).
    We have never excluded anyone (I did ask one person not to attend after he offended many with his behavior).

The question is simple why the need for two "formal" clubs in Florida?? Would it not be in all Ferrari owners best interest to have everyone working for one "formal" club?
    Scuderia SRQ and the Squids constantly inform its attendees of events of interest even though we have no official involvement with the event.

If you own (or owned) a Ferrari you are always welcome.

FOC members and FCA members are always welcome at Scuderia SRQ and Squid events and always have been.
    Just Bring the ferrari and leave the Ferrari politics at home.

Just to be clear I am an FCA member (4 years) and was an FOC member for two years.

20. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
    Paul,

I always felt welcome at the Scuderia SRQ dinners and am sure that the same would would happen at a Squid event. I moved from the FCA to the FOC because they had more activities in the Tampa area and not for political reasons. The national offices of both the "formal" clubs have not been of much value to me, but I realize that they are necessary for certain events.

21. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    In my opinion the value of a national Ferrari club is not unlike other national orgianizations. Bringing people from different parts of the country together for events and to form lasting friendships is what I have found to be the most important value of FCA membership. I have met people from all over the country, and in fact the world, through my association with the FCA. One of my goals has been to drive as many tracks in the US as I can. Through the numberous events throughout the country and especially the national meets I have, and continue to make, this goal a reality. However, if your goal is to attend meetings only in your community, I would have to agree with you that national membership, outside of receiveing national and regional publications, is of little value to you. :)

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Bruce,
    your words are of a great man with great vision and knowledge.
    Choice! I understand why Kevin and you are more involved with the FOC and that may be a wakeup call for the FCA to plan more in your neck of the woods. I realize that there are Florida regions that have been neglected by the FCA. I understand and share your frustration.

To Pauls words let me add: Not just current and past owners are welcome but also enthusiasts. I rather "hang" with an enthusiast than a owner that just buys a Ferrari because its expensive.

Do we need two? No, not one, not two but none of them hurt either unless they try to rival out who is better etc.

I could never figure out why people get all rallied up over a supposedly non-paying position. For all I care you can have ANY non-paying job I would not fight for it. I step up if caled and if I think I can make a difference but I will not fight for it and for sure not dirty to get such a job! Be that FCA/FOC/Squid etc. or mayor or any other dumb position.

23. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    the beat goes on....................

24. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

BHW

25. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Barton, Take a hike! Or a Zanax or something.

KevFla