Anybody with a Maserati 3200 GT? | FerrariChat

Anybody with a Maserati 3200 GT?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by jbanzai, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    I have seen in Europe that the Maserati 3200 GT prices are quite interesting now.

Does anybody owned one of those, and if so what can you tell us about it? Is it reliable? fun? expensive to matain?

Thanks.

2. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    >> Is it reliable? fun? expensive to matain?<<
    ITS ITALIAN!!!!!!

;)

3. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    #3 CraigW, Nov 24, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, I've had my 2001 3200GTA for about 3 or 4 months. Its silver with bordeaux leather.

I've driven it about 2500 miles so far on a mixture of tight bends, sweeping wide roads and motorways.

It's very comfortable, very quick and the auto makes it very relaxing to drive. It gets noticed quite a lot but not in the way I used to in my F348.

You can cover ground very quickly and without arriving as if you've been driving forever.

The only problems I have had are: leds which show fog lamps on/off are intermittent & passenger sunvisor mirrorlight refuses to go out. These will be sorted on its next service as they dont really bother me.

The options my car has are: electronic sports suspension, carbon centre console, 15spoke later design wheels, heated mem seats. I purposely wanted the autobox because of the type of driving I do. The manual car is a bit quicker once over about 80mph (we did back to back races at a recent day when a group of us hired a runway)

I'm really pleased with it. I can fit my 18month old son in the back, my gf too, and enough luggage for a week. I havent had it serviced yet but have the full trident warranty for a year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Thanks, nice color combination. How many miles had your car when you purchased it?

I have a 328, I was thinking about this one as daily driver. I would really like to get a Ferrari 456, but I don't think I will be able to afford it any soon,meanwhile a 3200 GT seems close enough.

- Julio

5. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    mine had 22,000 miles when I bought it, 1 previous owner and all the campaigns(recalls) done.

I love the looks of the 456 but didnt fancy the bills if anything went wrong. There is also more space in the rear seats of the 3200 and a larger boot (I have been told). I use mine virtually everyday and in all weathers. It's been just fine. And trading at approximately half their original value 2 years ago they are quite a bargain.