348 KickPlate remove and install | FerrariChat

348 KickPlate remove and install

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by colo348, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #1 colo348, Nov 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi 348'ers,
    The attached image shows the passenger side kickplate. Does anyone have experience with removal and installation of this item? I can see the screws and how it could come out, but any insight is always a great help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim Hilton
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Jim,

Just remove the screws and pull toward you. There is a lip that wraps round at the front - you can usually feel this with your fingers - give it a gentle pull and it should come away.

Paul

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Yeah colo348

I have mine off right now. You do have to take the screws out that you see, and as Jim mentioned pull towards you. However there is some double sided tape under the kickplate. Be careful pulling up. The kick plate is made out of thin sheet metal and bends. Like anything Ferrari makes it is way expensive to replace. I think for just one kickplate it is like $620. I have mine off completely because they were rusted and didn't want it to spread. That and there is no way I'm gonna spend over $600 each, for a piece of bent sheet metal.

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    the proceedure Paul listed is exactly how I easily removed mine. It is an easy job- 5 minutes. I replaced mine witht he carbon fiber plates from KAZ automotive. They look great, and are less expensive then factory replacements. When I removed the factory ones, I didn't damage them, so if you need a set, you can have mine- CHEAP.

5. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    348turbo, how much? If the price is right I just may buy them.

6. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    ernie,
    I'll never use them again. Send me $100 + shipping and you can have the set. Keep in mind, I've removed the Ferrai rubber center pad and they are USED, not bent or damaged, but used, (ie scratches), but paintable.

I'll be happy to send them. That being said, I'd advise a purchase of the carbon fiber ones from Andre at KAZ Automotive. They are beautiful!

7. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Paul and Ernie,
    Thanks for the tips. I have a little rust on the drivers side (image I posted, not passenger side). I was going to use the carbon fiber kickplates from Valance to replace the rust prone factory part.
    Thanks again,
    Jim

8. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    It's a deal! Drop me an e-mail so we can sort out the details. Also include your e-mail addy, cause for what ever reason when I try to just reply to the e-mail I get an undeliverable responce. Or better yet we can exchange phone numbers. I'll call you so it is on my dime.

9. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    I have the carbon fiber ones on my car.... See the photos that I have posted on "348'S SHOW YOURSELVES" THREAD...

10. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Removed mine, got the rubber insert out, took them somewhere locally and got them refinished, now they're good as new, cost total 20 ukp. Being so exposed to feet on entry not sure how long they will stay unscratched though

11. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Ernie,
    I can'r find an e-mail address for you. You can drop me an e-mail in my home account @ [email protected].
    Jeff
    I'll have them off pronto.
    Jeff