Ferrari vs Lambo, what is the perception of the owner? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs Lambo, what is the perception of the owner?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by atheyg, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    ViperRocks = AllanLambo or one of his little treehouse buddies.

2. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    Doh, pardon me for assuming this thread had the chance of being something other than a pissing contest with no facts to back it up a.k.a. street racing, or more accurately in this context, mouth racing.

If you hadn't been so arrogant and actually looked at the link I posted you might have been pleasantly suprised at just how well the Lambo & Vipers do when competing in the real world of motor racing, this series is raced on a mix of purpose built road courses and street circuits so it's a much better showing of real world performance than most.

This is my last post in this thread, but for the record I like most sports cars Lambos included, but some of the owners I wouldn't waste my time on and a lot of Ferrari & Lambo owners in this thread need a dose of reality to go with that mouthful of arrogance :p

3. ViperRocks

ViperRocks Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 16, 2004
    I cant get the Pdf file to open. It comes up blank?

4. ViperRocks

ViperRocks Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 16, 2004
    Wheres my Diablo then?

5. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Having owned and raced Vipers ..I seriously doubt that. After 2001 when the brakes were improved you
    loose hands down.

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    However, driver makes the biggest difference, not car... and in your stats, only one driver ever won with the Lambo... Paul Stokell. Take away Paul Stokell, and there wouldn't be a Lambo anywhere in your stats. So, that tells me a lot about Paul's ability to drive... not much about the Lambo as a car.

In contrast, several top drivers were driving Ferraris. Had those drivers thought they were losing to Paul due to the car, they'd have likely switched. So, without knowing any more than you presented, I'd say the Lambo wasn't too impressive to the top drivers in the series.

Right or wrong, that's what your stats say to me.

7. ViperRocks

ViperRocks Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 16, 2004
    Sounds like excuses to me.

8. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
    I agree with Napolis, we are lucky to be custodians of these special exotics. Both Ferrari and Lamborghini have developed special cars, and I enjoy owning both. I don't understand one sided views like that expressed by Korr and others. Enzo was often conservative, and Lamborghini tended take risks and offer more innovation. For example, it took Ferrari 7 years after Lamborghini took the automotive world by storm with the Miura to finally introduce a mid-engine road car with the Boxer.

These are Italian cousins and they along with their owners should appreciate what each has to offer.

Gil

9. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    I know I said I wasn't going to post again, but this needs some clarification. For most of the races there was only one Lambo in the series hence only one driver, there were I think two Vipers and up to 5 Ferraris driven by various calibre drivers.

Paul’s ability is right up there but I wouldn't rate him as the top driver, Bowe (who drove the Viper,Lambo,Porsche and the Ferrari at various times) would be at least his equal if not better judging by the results in the V8 supercars, and Jim Richards who drove the Porsche is IMO a notch above both of them.

However I didn't post the link to prove that one car was better or worse, but rather to point out that they are all about equal. All have there strong and weak points and on certain tracks one or other may dominate. The Ferrari does better on the tight circuits the Lambo & Viper do better on the more open circuits. The fact in the 24hour race (www.bathurst24hr.com not part of the series) both got beaten by the Monaro (the new Pontiac GTO) which kind of embarrasses the more expensive cars.

All this just goes to prove that those that say Brand A owns Brand B, or vice versa, are just talking BS. Nothing can be taken for granted and today’s thoroughbred just a loss away from being tomorrow’s pet food.

10. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    FYI, only one other F-Chat user has used the same IP address as ViperRocks: Allanlambo.

11. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    How right you are!!!

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes good post, but lets not remember Ferrari was RACING mid-engined cars way before the Boxer, since the sharknose F1 car in the early 60's and then the P series cars.

But I do agree that Enzo was very conservative, and may never have produced a mid-engined road car if he still ran the company. It was FIAT that initiated the Boxer ... and ofcourse we have forgotten about the little Dino.

Anway it is good that we have both, and soon they both will be racing and that will be great.

Pete

13. lambo_vt

lambo_vt Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    very good thread.

being both a diablo and viper owner in my opinion they are each amazing cars. When it does come to ferrari and lamborghini head to head lamborghini for me wins hands down. What they offer is much more for your dollar. For example, a new murci will set you back about 270k, if you shop around, maybe less even (6 speed) and when compared to say the enzo the performance isnt far behind. Not only does the car offer all-wheel drive for this price but yes you get a stereo and even floor mats haha! I love my roadster to death, its one of those cars that when you walk into the garage you find yourself falling in love with it all over again, definitely something i could never sell. And even side by side with an enzo, 288, F40 and F50 i found myself coming back to the roadster.

thats my two cents!

14. nwocorp

nwocorp Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    australia
    i wouldnt say it was the better car so much as a better/smarter team who built a car right at the line of the rules (just like lots of other manufactures eg ferrari in f1) as much as i dislike ford and holden ill give holden props for building such a strong race car and the marketing guys for calling it the same as the road car (cv8 i think) and getting ch7 to repetedly tell viewers if the liked it they should go down to the local dealership and get pretty much the same car :)

in reality the average joe on the street sees both lambo and ferrari drivers as arrogant spoiled posers who cant/dont drive properly work an hour a week while their (poorerly treated)employes do all the work for no reward

15. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Joe average is wrong.

You can get a very respectable example of both of these marques, for less
    than a Z06. Of course most people do not know that.

16. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Tony "Pantera" Green is alive and well. LOL

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #117 wax, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In your Garage. Kind of redefines "Owned" - doesn't it? For old time's sake, quid pro quo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. nwocorp

nwocorp Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    australia
    of course they are wrong but they doesnt change it :)

ford and holden both make alright cars but i grew up in a poor area where everyone was either one or the other and sure (and would tell everyone) that their $500 20yr old car was the fastest best and almost identical to the modern racecars plus it doesnt help that the majority a terrible drivers that would rather then slow down and slot behind me in the big gap swerve at me so i had to either go onto the shoulder or nail it to within an inch of the car infront so i wouldnt get hit, plus none of the older cars seem to have indicators. obviously im a little jadded ill give respect to say the gt40 but unless i really like it i will never buy a ford or holden :)

19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The cars in this series are restricted to make them equal. Unfortunately you cannot use the ProCar series as a comparison.

No HOLDEN cheated!, simple as that. They put in a 7 litre engine, made race suspension that has nothing to do with ANY road car and then went and one the race. Every other car is based on a production car, the Holden is NOT. They did say they were going to build it in limited numbers, but then backed out. You most definitely cannot buy a 7 litre Holden/Pontiac Coupe.

Again the cars are made even through restrictions ... EXCEPT for Holden, because they supposedly the Australian car and thus have their finger firmly up somebody who makes the rules.

Pete

20. KEFLON

KEFLON Rookie

Feb 1, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Faisal
    The way I see it is that they are both fantastic cars but there in 2 different leagues:
    Ferraris are RACING CARS
    Lamo's are EXOTIC CARS

21. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    hehe, not only are we in the midst of the Ferrari vs. Lambo battle, but the infamous Australian Holden vs. Falcon war is brewing in the horizon. ;)

Every time someone says "xxx is better than Ferrari, I will never buy one, ever", I just think, good - More Ferraris for me!

22. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Great shot!

23. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    did i say give me a 360..oops..i meant give a viper and i will beat 360 on a road course..didnt mean to cause such a stir.i would never give up an extra 100hp...i am no fool!!! atleast not that much of fool!!!no more posts on 2 hours sleep..btw...lambos and ferraris and even vettes and vipers and nsxs are all fro m the same family of cars-fast fun to drive cars..they are all very cool inthere own way..i wish we all could be friends..its just sometimes someone makes a ridiculous inflammatory comment about one of the cars and then shots begin...

24. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    There seems to be a lot of diablo and viper owners here who are making their first or second posts, is it just me or what because nearly everytime i check their profile it is blank, if it was my car i would let everybody know so in my profile esspecialy as everyone of them says how much better than a ferrari their car is, prove what you got then open youre mouth.

25. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #125 ralfabco, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

LOL !!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login