Black on Black Motorcars - moving? | FerrariChat

Black on Black Motorcars - moving?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by wax, Apr 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Hustling like Pete Rose in his prime means no time to stop, so...

Showroom is emptying & "For Rent" sign is up - are they off to greener pastures... or just being put out to pasture?

2. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Is there a sign saying anything in the window? If not that's weird. Jordan's post said they were at the Grand Prix and promoting cars. Maybe he thinks the high rent isn't worth it or he's now got a traveling F-caravan going. Let us know what you find out.

3. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Are you referring to the LaCienga location??

4. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I was there last week and it was fully intact.
    Nothing said to me about moving.

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    All of the cars are at the Long Beach GP on display in front of and inside of the Westin Hotel

6. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Makes sense to show - *but* they've got 36 cars in "Inventory." When I'd driven by Thursday night, there were @ 6-7 in showroom, so I was already wondering what was up. Usually, there's 12 in showroom. Friday night, 3 were in showroom - 1 had a 2' x 3' "For Rent" sign sitting on a windshield - another had a cover & what remained was a yellow 512 or Testarossa. Seems they'd rotate some of the "other" inventory into the showroom during LBGP, to show what's normally not seen of the remaining Inventory - thereby having the roadshow and the showroom both doing their "thing" - if you can dig it.

I've never been to the 133 Peck Dr. Location/Office/Whatever, so I don't know what's up with that.

7. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    When I drove by Friday night it sure looked like it was closing up shop to me.

8. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    business not going well?

9. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Showroom's filled back up with Jordan's;) Inventory. *whew*

I must say it's a dumb move to put a giant (3'+ wide) "For Rent" sign front and center on a car in a nearly deserted showroom.