garage parking pics | FerrariChat

garage parking pics

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by NYJETSFAN, Apr 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    its tight but I think I can fit one more in!

well I hope I get this in the right forum this time........

2. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Oh Man that is tight! Wow! My hat is off to you! I'd be very proud to have those cars.....very cool.

3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Standard size garage/door? How high are your ceilings?

BTW-

Exceptional color choice on the 348. Just beautiful!

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Nooo!!! Don't do that! the Jag can get out of the garage! :D

- Andy

5. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    awesome color combo on the 348!

6. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    standard ceiling in the garage. as you can see the lift is only 3/4 of the way up!
    the wifie says the jag stays inside!!! :( so I need another lift for the next f-car... heheheh

7. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Cool! Careful on the yellow Ferrari, looks like it's going to hit the roof. :)

8. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    how safe are those lifts? any chance of them bleeding or lowering over time? id be awful worried about the car underneath unless i was reassured :]

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yeah I do hope that the height is not manually controlled, AND it has a mechanical locking device so it does not bleed down ... oops, but I'm sure it would have such a thing. My fathers workshop lifts did.

Pete

10. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    all four posts have locks, plus I have a couple of 2 post lifts at work for years with 2 or 3 times the weight and still standing..... :)

11. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    here is a pic of the locks on the post...

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think I will share with you guys a funny story regarding lifts ... or maybe 2:

1st one:

Many years ago I was replacing the right front inner bushes on my Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, and I thought I would be clever and compress the front spring by lowering the car ... in my attempt to get free entry in to the Darwin Awards. Anyway luckily I was quick with the controls as she naturally spun around a bit and would have dropped to the floor if I had not caught her and held he up until I managed to lower her right back to the floor and start again ... er, with a more intelligent approach.

I was at my fathers workshop all by myself too ... could have been very, very ugly!

2nd one:

A shop that used to machine my engines used to race prepare this guys immaculate Lotus Cortina. I was having a beer with them once and talking about how immaculate it was when they let it out of the bag why it was so ...

A while ago they were working on it on a 2 post hoist and it fell on to its side. The only way they could get it out was to tie it to another car and simply drag it out of the workshop. Thus off to the panel beaters and the rest is history!!! Bet the owner was er, not amused! to say the least!

Pete

13. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    I hope the 308 doesn't leak any oil....

That 348 has a very nice color combo, my favorite (along with black/red).

14. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    You got one tight but very beautifull garage Arie! Love the cars and the colour combos on both! Is your 308 lowered or is it just me? The yellow is fantastic looking.

15. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Arie -

That is simpy wonderful! I must know, what are the vertical dimensions of your 4 posts? What is the clearance from the ground up to the (opened) garage door? Lift manufacturer?

I've done measurements in my garage and, in theory, this stuff should all fit. Right now, I've got all three cars parked in an oversize 2-car garage. It's a pain in the arse to move them, and I'd love a lift!

-Daniel

16. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    How hard is it to remove the 308?
    Erik

17. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Arie... its funny to see the 308 with lowered stance. Looks deceivingly like the suspension is compressed because the roof is against the ceiling

18. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    the ceiling is around 8'5" heigth, and the lift is from TEAM LIFT 7000 lb. its ok not the best but the price was good, 1750.00 plus shipping.
    I only lift the 308 3/4 of the way up, just enough to park the 348 under it.

I think the garage door height is 7'0"

I park the cars way foward so the garage door clears when opened..

I hope this works for you guys!!!!!!!!

19. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    yeah I know some of you guys give me a tuff time about lowering the 308 but dam it looks good!

20. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    My dad has a Stinger lift in his garage, he wound up raising the tracks for the garage door to get a little extra clearance. If he backs the Corvette in, he can raise the lift all the way up. The garage door stops about 6" from the base of the windshield when it's open all the way.

There's also a tarp with a PVC frame that fits in between the ramps. Helps to catch the typical L98 throttle body coolant leak.

21. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    here is a outside pic