4/17 Sports Car BBQ -- NW RI | FerrariChat

4/17 Sports Car BBQ -- NW RI

Discussion in 'New England' started by ChrisfromRI, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Friends,

Hope for good weather on 4/17 for a Spring Sports Car BBQ here in northwest RI!

Plan your trip for a noon start here at my home. It is very close to the CT/RI Border, around 15 miles south of the MA border, near Rt 6 and Rt 395/290 (exit 10 MA Pike).

PM me for specific directions from where you are coming from. There will probably be several convoys coming from different areas, as northwest RI is quasi-central for many New Englanders (sorry NH/VT/ME, but it's a bit further for you). Use this thread for convoy coordination to make the drive here more enjoyable. Anyone want to volunteer to be the convoy leaders?

Kind Regards, Chris

PS: There will be a number of Ferraris and S2000s here as I am pretty active in both clubs.

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Chris,

AWESOME! Alas, still can't drive on that day. Will have 31 days left on my parole :(

3. TonyM

TonyM Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Full Name:
    Tony Mongillo
    Chris,

We'll be there. Is there anything we can bring?

Tony

4. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Steve,

If you would like a ride, there will probably be a couple of people coming down from NH and I would be happy to see if I can set you up with a ride.

Just let me know if you want me to do so.

Kind Regards, Chris

5. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Chris,

WOW, aweome! E-mail me at steve at enjoythemusic dot com . MANY thanks :)

6. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Tony,

We'll look forward to seeing you and Shirley.

It's not necessary, but you can feel free to bring your favorite beverage to make sure that it's here for you.

Thanks, and Kind Regards, Chris

7. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Friends,

Keep hoping for good weather this Saturday!

It's still too early to trust the weather forecast, so on Friday afternoon we'll see what they say and re-confirm.

Kind Regards, Chris

8. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    Hi Chris,

I have an NSX and will be at Limerock with some of my E46 M3 friends.
    There will be 3 other NSXs there too.
    Was wondering whether the BBQ was open to cars other than Ferrari and
    how far you are from Lime Rock.

Thank you,
    Jon

PS.... Weather looks good so far, 65 and sunny!

9. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    Hi Chris,

Just looked up Foster, RI... its 2 hours 45 minutes from Lime Rock...
    kind of far.

Hope you guys have a great time!

Jon

10. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Alas, Saturday is a working day so we'll have to miss out. Have a great time and hopefully we'll see everyone soon.

Tom

11. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Feel free to stop in Boston and pick me up:)

12. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Chris,
    Depending on my schedule I'd like to attend. '85 308 and '89 TR. Coming from Springfield area so I'd probably come down 395. Directions from there????
    Phil

13. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I hope to be able to come it is not to far from the cape,and I need to get out and go for a ride.
    DAVID

14. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Hi Chris, I would like to make it, but won't know till Fri night for sure. Comes down to the "3 W's", work, wife & weather.

If I make it I'll bring the Butler book

Mark

15. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Sorry chaps - am in England, not flying back until Sunday... missing the new car.

16. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    dan - you've got a lot of miles yet to put on that thing before dyno day. if you're going to be travelling so much, i think you owe it to the community to loan the CS out to your local fchat friends to get through the break-in period. you KNOW it's the right thing to do.

doody.

17. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    ... hmmm ... let me consider that :)

I have empowered Lisa to put some miles on it in the meantime ... the real target is 600/700 miles before full red-line OK. So I may still achieve the objective.

Currently getting used to British pints again - 20oz rather than 16oz makes quite a difference when you have 5!

Dan

18. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    It's a Sports Car BBQ, bring any kind of Sports Car you feel like driving that day. There is always an assortment here.

Lime Rock is a great track, but there is unfortunately no direct way to get back and forth to Lime Rock from almost anyplace! I was just there a couple of weeks ago with one of my Sports Cars facing the same issue. I think the best way is to go up to the Mass Pike via Rt 7 and then come across on the Mass Pike and then come down Rt 395 into RI. I'm close to Rt 6 which crosses Rt 395 about 10 miles South of where Rt 44 crosses Rt 395 in Putnam. Otherwise, you zig-zag across CT and go through Hartford where I always seem to find traffic.

PM me for directions.

Kind Regards, Chris

19. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    LOL!!!

That is what i love about Doody, always willing to make personal sacrifices for the Great Good :)

20. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Friends,

It looks like the weather is going to be nice, making it a great day for driving and a BBQ!

We're starting at noon, so plan accordingly.

Use this thread to pull together any convoys. Several people are coming down Rt 295 and heading West on Rt 6 to get here, and several others are coming down Rt 395 and heading East on Rt 6 to get here.

PM me for specific directions.

Kind Regards, Chris

21. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I will not be able to come I have two staff trainings that need to get done today ,,so as you guys have fun I will be working !!!
    DAVID

22. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    pictures gentlemen?

s'il vous plait!

doody.

23. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Firstly, many thanks to Chris for graciously hosting a great time and bbq. It was a very nice ride on a spectacular day out to that neck of the woods in NW RI as the highways out there are nice and light on traffic. There was more great food than you could shake a stick at. The Honda S2000 folks that showed are a good bunch. The Ferraris were definately the center of attention, however. We all had some good laughs. And who was that beautiful Japanese girl ? My god, she's as tall as I am! I'm not used to looking a level eye to eye with a woman let alone a stunning oriental woman. Eye candy for sure !

Sadly, my F-chat brethren, we were soundly trounced in attendence figures as only myself and Phil V. in his 89 Tr were the only ones who managed not to screw up a free meal. If Chris is generous enough to ever host this again, my advice is to find a way to go. It's a very nice ride out there and Chris has a stunning piece of property and you'll leave with your belly full. And Chris, my appologies(sorta :) ) if I disturbed any wildlife and/or neighbors upon my exit but I was just in the mood to dip into the throttle a bit after all that car talk. :)

Kenny K.

24. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
  25. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Chris,
    Again, thanks for the hospitality! I enjoyed the get-together and the chance to meet everyone there. You and your wife were excellent hosts, and weatherwise the day turned out to be as good as it gets this time of year.
    If you're ever out in western MA be sure to drop by so I can reciprocate.

PS: I'd appreciate any info you have on the lift you had installed, i.e. Mfg. name, website, whatever.

Have a nice day!
    Phil V.