512TR Hood Struts | FerrariChat

512TR Hood Struts

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by stuart, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    Does anyone have a source for hood struts for 512TR. Thanks, Stuart

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    This just came up recently, and 95AgSpid recommended:

www.rockauto.com

They've got the Sachs brand gas lifts used on F (and they list F applications :)) -- just bought a pair from them for my Civic. Do a search on "Sachs" to get some other good information on the Sachs website that ShanB posted.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I had to get some for my Countach, Best bet is probably just taking it off & going to NAPA or something similair, faster & much cheaper than asking your F dealer

4. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    ShanB referred me to www.sachsna.com Click on the "Stabilus Gas lift support..."

They are OEM but without the "Ferrari" imprint, hence, cost much less. Just got 3 units for my 328.

5. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Ron, I was going to email you... looks like you've disabled that option. The site you mention above isn't very clear on the single strut for the front hood on late 328's (no button). Have you received it and is it working? Can you look up the part number and let me know... you've got an '89 328 like mine. THX!!!

6. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    sachs north america only lists struts for the engine compartment. can you help me find the front luggage compartment struts?

7. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    BobD,

Sorry I didn't know my e-mail function is disabled. I still have yet to receive my order but I'll keep you posted.
    For the front hood, it is part #SG437002 and the rear #SG237001.
    They made the"mistake" of labeling the front hood as the "engine lid" so it added to the confusion (Look at the top of the list and you'll see
    the front hood (shaded) and they referred to it as the "engine lid.")
    ShanB told me the parts he ordered were perfect fit for his 348.

Coachi,

Tell me which car you need the struts for and I'll try to find the part #.

8. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Thx Ron, pls keep me posted! I need a new front strut but I think I'll wait until you receive your order to make sure it's the proper one. It scared me a bit also that they listed the front 328 strut for 85-89. Early 328's didn't use a hydrualic strut, they used a clicking mechanism with a release button.