Someone bought a 355, guess who | FerrariChat

Someone bought a 355, guess who

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by ART360, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

Someone bought a 355, and is driving it back from Texas, as I write them. Will the new owner post the pics?

Art

2. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Please, please, please let it be me. Oh, I am here so it can't be me. Darn...

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

So he picked it up? Good for him!

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Art -

So when do you get the 360? Is it Red/Tan 6 spd with sunroof? What other options? Can't wait to see it, still have never seen a sunroof.

Gary

5. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    yeee ha, good for him !! I cant wait to see it.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I KNOW!!!!!.....I KNOW!!!!!!!!!

I talked to him about 6PM yesterday. He said he was happy with the car and the deal, and was going to grab a bite and head out!

He was avoiding downtown so we did not get together. Sounds awesome!

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I hope he crashes witht he San Antonio crew... but he's gonan have a hell of a time in Vegas on his way back! :D I told him to take my V1 but he didnt call that night...

--Dan

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ...........ancient Chinese secret, huh?

DL

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    "Do not go in there! WHEW!" I love the line (above) from the movie... the way Carrey said it "ancient chiiiiineese secreht, huuh?" was great.

--Dan

10. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    After Vegas... will he remember?

:D

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He said he was going back thru Dallas, not San Antonio!

I thought ,Hmmmmm, but did not know if anything was taking him that way, North???? Headed for Route 66, or something?

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    YOU, my friend, should be in politics!

DL

13. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    So - any word from ***WHOOPS*** (typed out his name)? I'm scared to call... the green eyed monster... :D

I'm sure we'll hear all the tales by Tuesday

--Dan

14. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Just got in, safe and sound!!! The garage is now whole again. Very tired, so I will upload pics and tell you guys abot it in a bit.

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    vincent355 has a nice ring to it.

PS - Let Rob know you need a name change

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Too bad he didn't buy a chevy product.

"VincentVega"

:D

17. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Vincent,
    Glad you made it back oK. Nice car, I saw it at the FOH Website last week.
    I'm just conscerned about the high miles!
    Bill

18. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    V-man! What happened in Vegas, you tell over the phone! :D

--Dan

19. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Congrats Vincent. Any pics?

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Glad you made it!!!! Congrats!!

I'm back to reading "Cannonball!"

21. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

thanks bill,

For me this is a low mileage car. Of course, I've just more miles on in a weekend then some do in a year! Or even ten!

Stay tuned for a few stories, I'm off to pick my dog and then I can spend a little time uploading some pics and regaling you with my tales.

22. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

Alan,

Sorry it didn't work out for us to meet. I haven't read Cannonball but I'm pretty sure it's close to the trip I just had. Awesome!

23. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Vincent,
    I am assuming you know that I am only joking about the miles!!
    The fact of the matter is ( as you know ) the miles I put on my cars in a year is bordering on Ferrari Criminal Activity.
    Bill

24. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    :) I was joking right back. Now to work on some pics...

25. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    As some of you know, I sold the 348 about a month ago. I was enamored by the 365 GTC/4 but unfortunately I don't fit in it so well, and as you may also know I like to drive my car (a lot). I'm not one to keep the mileage low. So driveablity is important, though in the future I would still like to own a vintage front engine 12. I also want to credit and thank Malcom in San Diego for giving me a long ride in his Daytona. What a car, this ride made me realize that I like sports cars better than grand tourers. So....Then I thought I would like a boxer, and I still would like a boxer. BUT I need something to look forward to, and for a nice one it wasn't too feasible with my other project going on. So I kept my eye on the 355. Art had a little hand in this with the ride he gave me a while back. Art is the "pusher man" , "the first one's free".

The car:

95 355
    26k miles (not anymore)
    all updates: valve guides, headers, serviced by Ferrari of Houston
    black on black (mandatory)
    qualifies for the extended powertrain warranty (unbelievable for a ten year old car)
    k40 radar front and rear, nice install
    12 disc cd, 8" sub, it took a while to figure out where all the bass was coming from but there is a sub behind the pedals, noticed it when I was picking up change. PIMP MY RIDE!!!!! It took us even longer to figure out how to turn it down to a reasonable level.

This all happened very quickly. When I started looking at the 355's seriously I found 3 Black on black cars. Two had very low miles and thus very little service history, the third looked promising. So I called Ferrari of Houston and after a conversation I struck a deal. The next day I was on an airplane heading to Houston with a friend in tow in case everything checked out. I didn't sleep very much thursday night, it was like christmas eve. you know the feeling.

the dealership:

AWESOME! I have never had a car buying experience as positive as the one I had at Ferrari of Houston. The test drive was a bit boring as Houston is mainly composed of highways that are flat and flatter and straight and straighter. Joe (I hope it's ok that I mention your name) was very accomodating and answered all my questions and if he didn't know we consulted the mechanic who serviced the car. In the end I had all of the documents necessary (most where already laid out for me but being a stickler I needed a couple more). further more he offered a tour of their shops: race shop, restoration, paint, and service. I was able to inspect, touch, Ayrton Sennas lotus formula one car....gave me goosebumps especially since this is the 10 year anniversary of his death. Ferrari of Houston gets the thumbs up from me, well done!

The drive:

Sleep: 8 hours
    meals: 4
    beef jerky: 2 bags
    cd's: 16 (and we got sick of them)
    weather: u name it (including a snow storm)
    avg. speed: withheld
    fuel: 100 gal. (1.60 in texas)
    oil: none (btw if you're in Fresno and looking for synthetic at at 10:30 good luck)
    Mustang comments: 2 (in texas) "is that the new mustang?" BTW the people in Texas were awesome and friendly.
    Super charged supras raced....i mean side by side comparison: 1 (550 hp at rear wheels, that guy was fast. we chatted as well as you can at speed with your windows down. he wanted to trade........don't think so....the corvette behind us couldn't keep up. Or wouldn't, maybe the guys girlfriend had something to do with that.

I'm not sure where to start but it was an epic adventure. If you haven't road tripped you Ferrari yet, you must. There is nothing like eating miles up in one of these awesome machines. I really look forward to the drive and not just the destination.

A proper write up on the trip will take a little more work, maybe I'll post it on the general board to give all those garage queens a heart attack.

some pics: BTW not my foot.