(Austin) Art Car Parade Party! | FerrariChat

(Austin) Art Car Parade Party!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by BigTex, Apr 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maggie Mae's, on 6th Street, 8-12PM Friday, April 23, 2004.

The crowd alone is worth the price of admission!

Look for The World's Fastest Art Car, and say "Hello"

If you tell 'em Speedy308 sent ya, it's $3!
    (If you don't, it's still $3.)

2. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

Can't I just bring some canned goods :D I'll def try to go.

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I don't think these are STARVING artists! LOL!

They probably get the munchies after midnight, though. ;)

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #4 BigTex, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    No event pics Speedy?

6. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I parked my TR on the corner of 5th and Colorado this past Friday night and had dinner there at Kenichi. The valet parkers will let you park your Ferrari's in premier spots if you tip them well.

I walked down to 6th after dinner and I gotta tell ya, Austin is my kind of town. It's as weird as it gets here.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's the Bluebonnet Fun Run! Went for Blue Bell ice cream.

The AUSTIN Art Car Party is THIS FRIDAY, Will.

The Houston one was last week. I need to chase down the photog that got my shots. I was upstairs chatting with a fellow artist, then went to move my car. Will post The Hobby Center stuff when I get it!

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    khayes,

They are CLOSING east sixth street for this party! Come on by!!

9. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I wouldn't miss it for the world but I think I'll leave the TR a few blocks away.

10. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

D'oh! My bad. I just glanced at your post. Had a busy past week& just now getting caught up.

11. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Kelly, I presume you noticed all the Wonder-Bra model do-ho's at Kenichi? They have a mighty fine collection of double-breasted golden-haired silken-throated mattress thrashers, IMO...

12. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Man, I need to get down to Austin more often.

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Is that the current "see and be seen"? Like I said above, people watching is MORE than half the fun!!!!!

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    khayes,

"Capitalize on confusion" is my motto. Tell 'em YOU"RE the World's Fastest Art Car and by the time they figure out they have TWO, we'll be thru the buffet and our two free drinks! LOL!

We'll slide down to Antoine's or The Broken Spoke, later!

Man, I saw Buddy Guy yesterday, he's still "Playin' that thing like you're flyin' a plane." I have a pic of him with a 328 from years ago. He took off before I could offer a ride!

15. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I went into the restroom of the Chuggin Monkey on 6th and before I could finish washing my hands two girls came into the mens room with me. They asked me to hold the door for them while they used the men's facilities. Well, what was a Gentleman to do? There are no stalls in the men's room at the Chuggin Monkey so everything was in very plain veiw and in close quarters. When I thought it couldn't get better than this I drove up North to Reed's Jazz Bar and met a guy that introduced me to his wife and asked her to kiss me. He invited me to go "out" with them. I know that Austin is weird and I'm about as weird as they come but I learned that I'm obviously not as weird as some of the folks you will find here.

To keep this Ferrari related I did get an opportunity to show my Testarossa to a couple of nice ladies that I made friends with at Reed's. It seems that one of them recently dated someone in Austin with a silver 550 that lives somewhere West of town. I asked her not to give me any names.

As for Kenichi....Oh my.... That is by far my favorite place for sushi and sushi watching in Austin. The scenery there is nearly as good as it is on Lake Travis on Labor Day weekend.

16. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    William, I anchored my boat at Hippy Hollow last year and a couple from Fort Worth was here visiting for the weekend. We chatted for a few minutes and then they asked me to take them for a boat ride and show them the lake. By the end of that boat ride I thought to myself that if everyone from Fort Worth is as friendly and open as this couple is then Fort Worth must be one heck of place to live.

17. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Kelly, a couple of points:

1) as far as I know, there are only 2 silver Maranellos on the west side of town, mine & another (both of us are happily married & NOT dating...). I was not aware of a 3rd. Did she say how far west, or was she BSing?

2) you need to join us this coming Saturday for our April 4th Saturday breakfast, at 360 Uno!!!!!!

18. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Dave, this Saturday at 360 Uno Pizza sounds great. What time do I need to be there? I'm guessing that you guys meet up around 9:00am or so for coffee and breakfast. This will be my first weekend in town that you guys meet since I bought my car almost a year ago. I'm looking forward to putting faces with Avatar's and cars. I've seen your car around town a few times along with a red 355, a silver Mondial, a blue 355, a red 360 and a light blue 360 and a black 550 and a few Testarossa's.

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You can't believe EVERYTHING you hear from girls in bars!!! LOL!

Wow, a COUPLE at Hippy Hollow, they MUST have been from out of town.
    Last time I was on Travis you had to go to Marshall Ford if you were hetero!
    Speedy308s boat is a clothing optional watercraft!!

I had the parasail back then, used the Sometimes Islands for take off!

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    So you guys are coming down for it, OK?

I'll probably stay at the Marriott at the Capitol. I built that place, so it feels like home! I know where the ice machines are!

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well I went by and got some Royal Purple, and ANSA was very kind to send some new decals and trim tape for my exhaust.

Looks like I'll be in the workshop tonight, if ya need me!

Gotta touch up the Boxer trim, too, from the gravel last weekend!

22. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    You must post a pic when ready! :D

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #23 BigTex, Apr 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Yea, I have seen that pic with the little girl before. :) Cool. So tell a little about what and why wou have done that to your car? I saw the banner on the windshield. Is this a buisness of yours, or just out of the kindness of your heart? I'm curious. I hope I'm not making you rewrite something you have already shared. I think it's cool. :)

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well the art car is a project with my daughter, Amanda.

She was interested in the art car scene here in Houston, which is huge!
    So we took the refrigerator art, digitized it and output into all these colors.
    We've been in the Houston parade four times, but one year she went to a slumber party and overslept, missing the parade. The Austin party this year will be a swan song for the handprint scheme, because both I and my employer have grown tired of looking at it in the lot! Amanda starts Jr. High this year and interests have changed.

The car was heavily damaged at an art car event and the constant attention by school children has taken it's toll. On the other hand, how many can say they were greated by HUNDREDS of screaming school kids, when pulling into the playground?? So it's been a great experience for me as well, pointing out that you can work for a living and earn a car like this.

Do a web search on Child Advocates in Houston to see the work they do. The logo on my Ferrari promotes my kart racing team, which in six years has raised $68,000.00 for this cause. Needless to say, the karts are Ferraris too!
    So folks like your self have asked about this, and it gives me a chance to promote this organization. The stories of child abuse I have read or heard would make any sane person want to get involved.

This program (my team) has lost great momentum since 9/11 and the war, so I do not know if I will run 2004, or not. I have outlasted many other teams however, and made a name for myself when I crashed out the Festival sponsor, BP, two years ago. Even the FCA knew of it when I showed up to rally! Enron?? GONE! Speedy308? Still here! LOL!

Come by and introduce yourself this Friday, should be fun. My friend Jesse Dayton is at the Armadillo later that evening. See my profile for pic!