Has Anyone Looked At This 355? | FerrariChat

Has Anyone Looked At This 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Jerrari, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Just wondering why the motor would not turn over...even by hand? Seized or physical damage? Looking at this as a long term project. Thanks, Jerry.

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jerry, there's no picture or link to anything...

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
  4. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

they usually make no claims and seems many of thier cars say "engine won't turn over, haven't tried"

Car is in Tulsa, OK. I am going there for Thanksgiving, but I believe thier ads so no viewing either. Think thye just want to sell with no tire kickers.

They also have a flood damaged 355 that "looks" good, but I imagine water has ruined just about everything..wiring, interior and gotta do the engine.

5. squidracing

squidracing Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The only way I would 'buy' that car, is if I got it for free.

Figure it needs a new motor and gearbox, as well as complete electrical. $50,000+ in parts alone.

Then to top it off, you have a salvage car.

Best use for it is to be built into a track car.

6. squidracing

squidracing Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Oh yeah...forgot about the body damage. Figure the subframe as well as suspension is trashed....maybe even the frame itself.

They wash their hands of any representation of the car what so ever. Doesn't put the warm and fuzzies in my stomach.

The would need to give me money to take it.

Strip it down to nothing....slap a motor and gearbox in it and take it to the track.

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    This is the car to get if all you need is a couple of new seats, a cigarette lighter, or a couple of interior buttons/switches, or 3 wheels. Otherwise, consider it a value subtractor to your garage.