What is your fav. city in Italy? | FerrariChat

What is your fav. city in Italy?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Prugna 328, Apr 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Easy there silver. I know everybody is going to jump and say Modena/Maranello. Leaving these 2 out what is your next favorite? Mine is Venice right now but I have only seen 8 or 9 others.

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Never been, but Rome. My My mom and Stepdad, Miai, and myself are going all over Europe the summer after this one coming up for my parent's 10 anniversary. I love History, and have since I was a little kid, Im going to have a blast in Europe.

3. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    When you mention to anybody here in the US that somthing is 100 years old you usually get wow thats old. In Modena I was standing in a church that I was told was over 1000 years old. You can feel the history in your bones. I think they said the construction of this church brgan in the year 900. Gave me chills.

4. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    I liked Florence best during my recent 10 days in Modena-Maranello, Florence and Milan.

JMJ

5. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    If that was the Duomo in Modena, it was begun in 1099. In Florence, we stayed at the Porta Rossa(no, not that Rossa) Hotel. The building has been continuously occupied since the 13th century. But it dates from before that(can't remember now when).

JMJ

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My friend Warren and I talk about that all the time. You'll walk around in my town and see some "historic" house from like 150 years ago and people are like "wow man, thats old." You go out to Italy and see a monastery made in the 1800s and you'd be like "oh that's one of the newer ones." I love that stuff.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Santa Margarita...I don't mean Rancho either!

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I enjoyed Florence quite a bit.

DL

9. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I love Rome; that gets my vote.

Its always been a dream of mine, though, to someday have a house in southern Italy. I stayed just outside of Naples one time, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Simple, relaxing, and beautiful. A little house with a garden in the back and a Vespa to cruise around in. Thinking about it makes me smile. :)

Venice holds a special place in my heart, too, since I proposed to my girlfriend right in the middle of San Marco last November.

10. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Florence is very nice
    Bologna isn't bad either
    I liked Bergamo also, but this is not for the city, i know a girl there ;)

And i very much liked San Marino, it's only a mountain but i enjoyed it very much, and the Misano race track is close by ;)

11. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Naples for me,dirty place to many people but beautiful great food and lots to do and see.

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Milan is very nice, Rome is wonderful, Florence is also beautiful.

I want to visit Como & Genoa. I was in Venice as a child so I dont remember much

Went skiing in the NW near Mt Blanc in Courmayeur. Gorgeous little town & the best hot chocolate in the world :)

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Haven't been to Italy yet but got the same feeling in Budapest and Vienna - just amazing to "feel the ghosts".

Venice is first on our list at the moment and I want to get down to the Amalfi Coast as well. (I think) I want to drive that coast road in an F-car!

Cheers
    Kevin

14. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Being born in the south, my fav city is Reggio Calabria

why? its facing sicily, calabria has some of the best and cleanest beaches and the Via Marina is often refered to as nicest 1km strecth in Italy

15. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Have no single "fave" per se. Love the Italian Alps and Lake Como, yet also enjoy Modena. Of course Maranello has a special place in my heart and Milano has a great fashion district! Venice has become a bit too commercial, yet during the music festival in the fall it is truly spectacular!

Then we have the sourthen half... OH MAN, i really need to just pack up my material junk and move there. In fact that IS one of my plans within a few years :)

16. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Chinqua Terra rocks!! Venice is a close second.

17. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    It's been 6 or so years since I have been there, but I remember Milan being really nice. Rome was more of a dump than Milan, but there was a ton to do in Rome.

18. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
  19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Verona is beautiful. In the South I am partial to Gasparina in Calabria (my Grandmother's town). I've spent a lot of time there and it's like nowhere I've ever been.

20. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Any village in the Chianti

-or-

Santa Marguerita Ligure/Portofino

21. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    What state in the US would you say the weather there is comparable to(year round)? Also, does it snow, etc... I've thought of someday moving there, but I suppose I've never really taken the time to study up on it first.

-DC

22. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Italy actually has many different climates. A more important question might be which type of weather do you prefer?

23. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I have only been to Rome, Florence, and Pisa and I loved all three, but Rome is the best for me. Loved the forum as well as the Vatican (not Rome, or even Italy for that matter) and all of the churches and generally everything about it.

I will definitely own at least one place in Italy at some point! Not sure where yet though. I need to do some exploring.

24. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Didn't care for Venice....made me feel claustrophobic. It was also very dirty. That one main square was cool but I could do without all the f***ing pigeons. Loved Florence, but Rome was my favorite. You can't help but be in awe of the history of those ruins. Also great night life. Drivers are absolutely insane though. If you want to experience some EXTREME stress (and who doesn't), drive in Rome once. I think the ambulances just go out on the rounds in the a.m. looking for the carnage. As soon as the dollar gains back some of it's value, I'll be there again for sure!!

25. V-10 Nut

V-10 Nut Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Santa Margherita /Portofino were the most stunning places I've been in Italy.