New Vette spy photos | FerrariChat

New Vette spy photos

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Mark(study), Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Autoweek Spy pics.

Look for this trimmed down C6 to weigh in at about 3100 pounds in a shorter, yet wider package. Rumored powertrains include the venerable
    5.7-liter V8 boosted to about 425 hp, but we also hear of a variable-valve V8 producing upwards of 500 hp for the hot Z06 model.

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  3. detailman

detailman Formula Junior

May 26, 2002
    Indiana & South Caro
    Full Name:
    David
    That looks awesome.I'll take two.

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

3100#s!!!!!! 425 HP, looks like the C6 will out perform the 360!!! with 500HP maybe the new Ferrari.

Art

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm a Ferrari lover and a 'Vette lover. Own one of each. Looks like I will DEFINITELY have to trade in the old 'Vette for one of these! "Chevy/Vettefest" is in Chicago tomorrow and Sunday,BTW.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Byron and I both agree and I think we will take two each.

7. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Those air extractors look like Gallardo side intakes, only backwards.

At least the C6 appears to be losing the door wedge profile!

8. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    IMHO that car is HOT and looks much better than the, still beautiful yet somewhat dated C5. I love the top, it reminds me of the forth gen model. And that color is to die for. I can't see the front end, but I think I'll like the Gallardo headlights better and the rest of the C6 better. 360 Modena still has the best rear end. Hope they improved the 'Vette's interior like they said they will.

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    love the looks and expect it to perform extremely well. small problem is will they bring the cheesy interior up to speck. id love to get one but driving one still has a certain stigma attached to it?

10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Are there any other REAL pics of the C6 on the web??? This car looks great!

11. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Check autoweek's website a pic that was taken at the same time as these but of the rear.

12. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Got those from Autospies didnt ya?
    C-H-E-A-T-E-R!
    Juuuuuuuuuuuust kidding I dont think you used the pics as your own.
    Nice cars, 500hp sounds quite fun and Im definately getting one.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I went to the "Chevy/Vettefest" this past weekend in Chicago. I was talking to a sales rep. from Chevy. I asked about when the '05's were coming out,as I saw "spy photo's" on FerrariChat. I described the photo's that I saw to him. He pulled out a ring binder,opened it up. Guess what? The EXACT SAME pictures that are posted on this thread,by Mark. EXACT. Same "pose" up on the ramps. Color.Everything. He also told me that these 2005's will be coming out THIS Spring. And,if I wanted one for "Sticker".I could put down a deposit now. (Don't they all say that same Bullsh*t!?) Otherwise,they'll be "going for 10-20G's over sticker,initially!" What B.S.! Hey,didn't the Ford guys pull that same sh*t with the T-Bird,and scared everyone away,now,they don't sell,and are supposed to be discontinued next year! I remember a couple years back,when the new T-Bird came out. I went to the Chicago Auto Show. Was talking to a Ford salesman. He told me,"Yeah,they're coming out now,but you can't get one". I asked "what do you mean,'I can't get one'?" " They're JUST Ford's,no big deal!" He said,"Well,maybe I can get you one,but it's going to be 20K over sticker". I said,"No WAY! I NEVER even PAY sticker for a car,let alone 'over.' " He said, "Well,if you want to be the first one on the block to have one,it's going to cost you." I just laughed,and walked away. It's moron's like that that screwed it up for Ford. Probably quite a few guys who wanted a T-Bird,got discouraged,(Pissed-off is maybe a better word!) and said,"F*ck Ford! I'll just go out and buy something else...and DID! Maybe I'll wait until the initial Rush to get one is over,then get one. Obviously,thousands of others did with the C5. Look at how many you see out driving EVERY day! Dozens. Too Many! I go out for a Sunday drive in my Ferrari,and usually NEVER come across another Ferrari out driving. But,see,literally,DOZENS of C5's out there! Who wants what everyone else has! They'll probably run the sh*t out of this production like they always do with Corvette's. Maybe 8 years like the C5! Or,13 YEARS like the C4! But,the C6 does look like a nice car,and it's about time to trade in my C4.

14. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Hmmmm..... In the first picture it looks a bit like that Chevy Super Sport concept thing. Burnout is right, it it losing its wedge shape.

15. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    I just noticed something... If you look REALLY closely at the 2nd pic, it looks like there are regular headlights instead of pop up ones.

16. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Here are a few pics that have been floating around the internet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It's been known for a while that the vette would have fixed headlights.I always liked popups but the look these days has gone fixed. Not ot mention based on spy photos from the ring the insides of them will be body colored like the 360 modena's.