Big Bend Open Road Race | FerrariChat

Big Bend Open Road Race

Discussion in 'Texas' started by greg, Apr 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    In a couple of weeks, highway 285 from Ft. Stockton, Texas to Sanderson, Texas will be closed for the BBORR. While I lived out there it was great to see all the cars from all over the nation come to the event. Most of the cars were Corvettes and Vipers but it was not uncommon to see Porsches, Ferraris, or Lamborghinis. The little town of Ft. Stockton didn't have a lot to do, but this event was great. Firestone also has a test track there and some of the automotive magazines have come there for there worlds fastest cars issues. Anyway, if you happen to be on I-10 in far west texas around the 19th of April through the 24th it is worth checking out. I believe the race is on the 24th but the cars start showing up earlier in the week for testing and hanging out. www.bborr.com

2. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    At least four Panteras are scheduled to run in that event. Supposed to be a blast.

3. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    A little birdie told me that there might just be a Saleen S7 there........

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    That's funny the same little birdie told me that tooo

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    So far there is much activity at Big Bend for this race Anyone heading down or knows someone who is I will be parked someplace along the route in a shiny black Land Rover Discovery sitting on the roof taking pictures.... Wave..... really fast

6. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Jim, how did the Big Bend Open Road Race go? I hear the Panteras made quite a showing.

7. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

8. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Wow, Ferrari boys didn't even come out to play. Looks like it was modern Corvette city, with Panteras, Shelbys, and even Corvairs making a heckuva showing.