FERRARI 250 GTO...!!! | FerrariChat

FERRARI 250 GTO...!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 134282, Apr 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    OMG...!!! i JUST SAW ONE...!!!

A REAL ONE...!!!

OMG...!!!

As soon as i download the pictures from my camera, i'll post them... OMG... Blue with a white stripe down the middle... S/N 3387... Totally amazing... i'm blown away...

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    where??? I want a full write-up, Carbon :)

3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Bradley (Buttuz) tipped me off about it (Thanks, Bradley!); said he saw it at AutoSport Design in Huntington, here on Long Island (NY)... i couldn't wait, i had to go see it right away; i took lunch and drove there and, sure enough, there it was...

The young lady sitting at the front desk welcomed me; offered to be of assistance... i told her i was just looking around and that's when i spotted the blue beast with the white stripe down the middle... This great big grin came over my face and i tried to keep the school-girl-giggling down to a minimum as i pointed and stuttered; "i, uh... i'm... um, i uh... i'll be honest with you; someone told me there was a 250 GTO here and that's it; may i go see...?"

"Sure", she said, as calm as can be. (i don't know how she can be calm sitting less than 20 feet away from the SECOND FERRARI 250 GTO EVER MADE!) She knew her stuff, though; after snapping some pictures, i spoke with her for a minute or two and she knew about the car... She wasn't just some "showroom fluff", she knew everything i rattled off about the car (production #s, s/n, owner, etc.)... Very nice, to boot...

So with further adieu, here it is:

:::dreamy sigh:::

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    PS: Aura, the young lady at the front desk, told me that ASD is having an open house on Saturday; if you're on Long Island (or pretty much anywhere in NY, NJ, CT, PA, VA, CA, FL, Europe, Australia, etc.) and can make it there by Saturday, i strongly suggest you do just that... The car will be there for viewing and you can take pictures and get all silly, just like i did... :)

It was truly an amazing site... Lower to the ground than any picture has ever accurately indicated... It was so beautiful... i'm still in shock...

5. vpr92rt10

vpr92rt10 Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    awesome pics of the 250 GTO...thanks for sharing them

no pics of the jag?

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks DES!

It looks exactly like the replica on ebay.
    :)

7. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    THATS AWESOME NNO Thanks for posting pics my friend works there and told me to come and vist. When he took me inside my first reaction was oh cool replica until i got close and he said are you crazy thats the real deal thats the only one made in blue that stallion will set you back 9 million. I to was in complete shock I raced out to my car to get my camera but I had forgot it at home. how pissed would you be? Anyway stood in front of the car for about a good 20 and couldn't believe my eyes. I honestly couldn't tell anyone because I was in shock and wanted to go back to take some shots. Finally I couldn't take it any more so i gave the info to NNO who better than him with 12,000 posts and always interested in every topic about FERRARI.

GREAT JOB NNO I HOPE THIS MADE YOUR DAY AND PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. talk to you soon

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL... It's real... :)

Viper, maybe one or two; that car's been there for quite some time and i actually posted a thread with a lot of pictures of that car... Search for a thread called "AutoSport Design" (i think)... Or just click on my profile, then click on the option to view all threads started by me and you'll eventually find it that way (could take a while, though :D)...

There were some other cool cars there; a Diablo, A Mangusta (just like the one in Kill Bill vol. 2), a 355 GTS, a 308 GT4 Dino, some cool Porsches and a really beautiful blue Superleggera... i'll post those pictures soon... PS, from what i understand, the Jag is fake...

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dude, you have no idea... Thanks again for the tip, i really appreciate it... We'll talk soon... Thanks... :)

10. vpr92rt10

vpr92rt10 Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    ah i figured it was real....still a cool car

11. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Just got your message. You were babbling hysterically and were barely comprehensible. Now I know why.:)

12. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Are those Headphones or noise supressors on the front seats
    Maybe he's a dead head..blows a doobbie and rocks out to sugar Magnolia.
    Does anyone know who owns it.
    How could Tom P possibly have enough Liability insurance to cover a Fire in the shop.

Ever get the impression that Carrol Shelby copied that car for his Daytona coupe...?

Michael

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Great pics BTW!

If I can't get the most frequent poster on FerrariChat.com to post in the correct forum, then... :rolleyes:

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe you could call a moderator to move it!!!! LOL!

Just noted Post #1 by our friend Lamarossa, guess where???
    He was offering his knowledge in recommending used Ferraris!!!!!!!!!

15. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Amazing.

In normal circumstances, seeing any of those other cars - Jag, 911, Aston - would be terrific. But next to a GTO, they're invisible.

Great shots. Thanks.

John

PS Was 3387 the cover car of issue #1 of Octane..? (Comparison with the Bizzarrini 5300).

16. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

thats awesome Carbon... I am aware of your new job, and no doubt you will be in heaven on a daily basis!

17. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
  18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Without question.

LOL, Wayne... Folks, according to Ausbrooks, this car didn't originally begin life with the "duck tail"-type wing in the back... It was originally flat, but then later GTOs had it standard and this one was added on... Anything to add to that, LWA...?

LOL, Michael; i'm pretty sure those are head phones... Not sure if it's cool for me to list the owner's name... Very possible about Shelby; the 250 GTO is so beautiful...

Rob, i posted it in here because more people frequent this forum than any other... :) Besides, i was far too excited to think about what i was doing... :)

365boy, i'm not sure if 3387 was on the cover any recent publications; maybe someone else might know... It's been a while since i've picked up a magazine and the only issue of Octane i have is with the NNO & F40 on the cover... Courtesy of our very own, Darth 550, via US postal service... Thanks, buddy... :)

Greg, thanks; heaven is an understatement... :)

19. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Carbon,
    The pics are great!!
    I really love the color.. blue with some white.
    And those exhaust on the 250 GTO are the best!! (nice pic you took)

You got a new job?
    Sounds to me its something fun.
    I wonder what it is.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    John, according to Buttuz (Bradley), Wayne and Gerald Roush (of the Ferrari Market Letter), 3387 is the second 250 GTO ever built and was the only one originally painted in blue; according to Wayne, the car was, at one point, red, but is now blue again... It's really, unimagineably beautiful... i still can't believe i got to see one... :)

21. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    It is simply stunning and beautiful at the same time!

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i really wish everyone could see one in person... i've seen SO MANY pictures of GTOs (including that one picture posted by Wayne over a year ago where i said, "Hey, what's THAT car?") and seeing one in person is just completely different... It's life-altering... i'm still in shock...

23. taunus

taunus Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2002
    Germany, Osnabrueck
    Full Name:
    Ansgar
    It is still Mr. Carl's car ?

Nice pics, i never have seen a real one... :(

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yes it is; hopefully, you'll see a real one, soon... :)

25. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Wow.

Great pics of one of my favorite Ferraris. If I was anywhere near Long Island this weekend, I'd be there in a second.

Wow.