Best Website for Credit Report and Scores | FerrariChat

Best Website for Credit Report and Scores

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by warrenn, Apr 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    There are so many of them out there. What's the most comprehensive and thorough. Ie. reports and scores from all 3 bureaus, best service, etc etc...

2. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    This one works well for me.All 3 reports,scores,notifications,low-priced.

http://qspace.iplace.com/cobrands/596/product1.asp

3. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    IMHO.., Contact the reporting agencies directly and get your report from them. I would be careful using a third party co. as they often try to sell you a service which can ruin your credit score due to the frequent credit inquires they make. OR worse... have your identity ripped off by some HACKER.

Just my .02

4. lwpat

lwpat Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Pimpdaddy is correct. All you need to do is to order your report directly from one or all three of the credit bureaus. This is a good site with their contact information and general advice on credit reports and identity theft.

http://www.solidgoldhomebusiness.com/credit-report.html

5. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I can add some experience to this one.

DO NOT USE THE CRAPPY WEB SERVICES THAT PROVIDE YOUR CREDIT SCORE

All of those places like creditreport.com, the 3-in-1 reports, etc are way too shady to use. I recently used creditreport.com and noticed a massive error from one of the agencies. I called Equifax to get it straightened out, and was told that there's nothing they can do, since those reports aren't made from their records. These websites ESTIMATE your credit score based on their own algorithm. I called the website's help desk line to see what the problem was, and guess who I got? INDIA. I tried to explain to this 'customer service' person that there was a mistake on my credit report and that I needed it fixed.. She backed up what Equifax told me... she said "there's nothing we can do for your report since this isn't an official credit score, just an estimate."

Screw them all.. it's bad enough that my credit info is floating all over the U.S., but now my credit info, my accounts, SSN, everything, are floating around India. And I paid them $35 for this...

-R