512TR VS Countach on TV - Go On Ray Kick Butt | FerrariChat

512TR VS Countach on TV - Go On Ray Kick Butt

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Ray's On Telly
    Wessex Area Group Organiser Ray Ferguson can be seen on the 'Men & Motors' channel on 21 April at 9pm, pitting his 512TR against a Lamborghini Countach to see which car was 'top dog'. The action takes place at Castle Combe and Beaulieu Motor Museum. The programme is repeated on Thursday 22nd at 4pm, Friday 23rd at 9pm, Saturday 24th at 4pm, Tuesday 27th at 7pm and Wednesday 28th at 1pm - so no excuse to miss it

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    so who won

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Unless you've not got Sky TV...

Can someone tell me what happens?

4. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    #4 RAY430RED, Apr 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks Justin mate i must admit i have been keeping my head down until now I have told a few people cos its a great laugh (for me) My other old mate CH has posted it on our FOC website so the cat is really out of the bag Anyway all you guys enjoy no doubt you will post feedback I will get my tin hat out ready TOP DOG has GOT to be the beutifull red 512 TR surely???????????

RAY360M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Come on Ray, give us a clue ! I'm out tonight so will miss the programme.

6. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Ray,

I thought actually the TR was around the same time as the Countach not the 512TR which came later. The 512TR should easily be the winner.

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Tony,

The prgramme is on again as stated in the first post.... I shall be recording it.....

I would love to have a prgramme done on the 348 and have my car in it... Any offers. Well actually I bought my car from a filiming studio that is partly owned by the BBC. My car was used in the TV programme 'IN DEEP' which starred Nick Berry as a detective.

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Cheers Justin,

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I own an 86 Countach 5000QV & a 93 512TR. The 512TR is the winner hands down. Of course its a generation newer and then improved upon the original TR so its not really a fair fight. The only place the Countach could beat the 512TR by a tiny margin would be in 0-100 acceleration, everywhere else the 512TR destroys the Countach

10. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Ray, You were robbed!

how do you get your car that clean?

and did anybody else laugh at the Lambo spinning off!!!!!

11. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Kenyon nice post thanks for letting us know,will watch it,think im sure of the outcome,but Ray go for it,its the clear winner,

cheers
    Dale.

12. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    512tr handles countach easily.Countach handles tr.Its been played out many times.Wish I could see it.

13. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    I'd have to say you didn’t miss a great deal, the comparison between the cars seems to be of the type you get in the average pub on a wet Tuesday night, Rays car was criticised for being slightly impractical (you couldnt get a set of golf bats in it!)and the cabin not being as spacious as a range rover’s yet the countach wasn’t even though one of the judges admitted he couldn’t actually fit in the car!!, the judges didn’t actually drive the cars just looked at them!!

14. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    The wrong verdict. How can the Countach win. It only won because you hardly ever see a Contcah on the road.... More rare to see.

15. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Watched it last night, both great looking cars. Ray looked like he wanted to strangle the judges when they started dissing his car!

What were the judges on, Benelyn? They were judging two supercars, and start harping on about practicality, and ease of parking, saying how wide they were, cost of servicing, cambelts on the Ferrari, etc............hello!

Overall I thought the cars were awesome, but the prog was put together wrong.

Maybe would it have been a better comparison to pit the 512 against a Diablo?

Best Regards

MOD.

16. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    Ray you were robbed mate. Those 3 guys knew about as much about cars as my wife does. The guy with the countach needs to join an ice skating club the way he did a spin on that corner not the FOC.

17. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Where did they get that panel from Halfwits'R'Us.

Ray

Got to say that your car looked stunning,light years ahead of the Countach.
    Did the Countach look as rough in the flesh as it did on the TV.

Steve

18. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    great stuff ray, well done !
    Robin/Tony, .....do we have the technology to forward this thread to "men and motors", as they did ask for comments on the show at the end of the programme ?

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Dave,
    just copy the thread location in your address bar and fwd that.

20. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    thanks tony......come on boys and girls, let's have a few more honest opinions before forwarding this thread package on to "men and motors".
    cheers, d

21. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I thought it was going the TRs way, but i am sure it was the little S**T in the middle who spoiled the desision. The Lambo looked very outdated against the TR. Even though none of the drivers were exatly tearing up the track,am i right in thinking the driver of the lambo spun it? Can wait to see if they pit the 355 against the Diablo.

22. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I've just found an old copy of Classic and Sportscar (June 98) when cleaning ut my desk, and in it they compared the Countach with the 365BB and they judged very much in favour of the Ferrari. Their summing up Sentence stated;

"The Boxer is the true trend setter, and the Lamborghini Countach more a diversion. But what a gloroius abberation!"

If C&SC claimed the 365 beat the Countach, the 512 (spritual successor to the Boxer) should have sealed the coffin, and lowered it into the hole!

Mind you, I doubt that any sane person would put the opinion of M&M above that of C&SC.....

23. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Taped it, haven't seen it yet. I saw one of the other programmes, comparing a Viper & a M12. It was total junk. Men & Motor's should stick to what the're good at....

Tits & ass!!

24. 512Girl

512Girl Rookie

Feb 2, 2004
    Salisbury, Wiltshire
    Full Name:
    Rachel *~*~*
    Well, what can I say, it can only be referred to as a travesty... a Countach beating a Ferrari and a 512TR at that! Words fail me.

I don't know if anyone has looked, but there is a forum on the Top Dogs part of the Men and Motors website..... let's kick some butt.....

www.menandmotors.co.uk/topdogcars/... Top Dog Forums

A very annoyed and frustrated

512Girl

25. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Thank you for all your support guys (and gals). The whole thing was a bit of a miss-mash when it was being recorded, but I must admit I did have a lot of fun doing it! I had the Castle Combe circuit virgually to myself all day (a tank and a half of fuel) for 30 seconds of footage on the programme!

The guy in the lambo had not even been to the circuit when they recorded the programme.

I spent two days, one at Caslte Combe and one at Beaulieu and didn't even get a letter of thanks or a video/cd of the footage as they promised me.

As I said before, I did enjoy it but I would not rush to do it again.

For those of you who have asked about the polish I use on the car, I have prepared the car over the winter with Zymol, starting with the Klay, then de-greaser, finishing with Vintage Polish. It's a natural product, doesn't take ANY paint, whatsoever, off the car. I've also done the 360 with it, and that too looks amazing! It's not cheap, it's hard work, but well worth all the money and effort.

Thanks also for the PM's and emails of support.

RAY360M