Did anybody see the Boxer on "Sports Car Revolution"? | FerrariChat

Did anybody see the Boxer on "Sports Car Revolution"?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Crawford, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    This is a Canadian show on SpeedTV. They were showing a car (365 bbi?) that was 'hand built'.

It seems the owner took a Ferrari chassis and mated it with a boxer engine...

Made no sense to me. It was like somebody taking a 328 chassis and putting a Ferrari 3.2 ltr engine in it. What was the point??

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I saw that too -- probably more along the lines of resurrecting a dead 365 by installing an available BB512i powerplant. I would have liked more shots/info about the car from the Owner/Builder rather than the over-enthusiastic audio dribble coming from the "rock star"...

3. davel

davel Guest

Totally agree Steve! That car was ok but no info was given that was useful and the narration provided by this RAP Star was useless and poorly done. The show is more hype than reality and no way compares to dream car garage. I wont be watching the revolution again. That was enough.

4. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    i saw it, twice to make sure i heard everything clearly

i guess some guy kit bashed something together, and for that - good for him i guess

but, i just wish they had used a real 100% Ferrari, and had the same positive comments and enthusiasm
    sort of a waste to have a Ferrari, probably once in the shows lifetime and have it be 'not' real

the kid driving said ''this is the real deal''
    i said ''WTF is he talkin 'bout''

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    will this be on Speed again?

6. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm sure it will, but believe me - it's not worth looking for. The entire segment with this joker "Kazzer" lasted all of 5 minutes and offered no value whatsoever.

7. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    It had lots of rubber in the rear and a redone suspension.
    My (stock) BB never handled the way this one does. It's worth seeing the program again just to watch it go around the track.

8. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    That was a strange car. The headlights were completely different and you could look over the front tires under the fender straight across the car and see daylight, like there were no wheel wells. Went like crazy though.