Koenig Intake | FerrariChat

Koenig Intake

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by KoenigTR, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KoenigTR

KoenigTR Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Tampa Bay
    My car is finally almost done. Brief history, I have a 1987 Koenig TR, started a fuel injection conversion months ago. I replaced the old 16 BBS wheels with 18 Kinesis, also removed the rear tail. I'm (should say mechanics) adding a programmable engine computer, probably will be done in a few weeks.Here is a pic of the intake in it's early stages. Will post more pics in the coming weeks.

Taso

2. KoenigTR

KoenigTR Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Tampa Bay

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm confused, are you de-Koenig'ing you Ferrari?

I can understand removing the body styling gimmicks but why change the engine?

Pete

4. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Best answer is "IF YOU HAVE TO ASK YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"

Willie Koenig is THE GUY for Performance mods in Europe for certain and maybe the world?

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I know who he is ... who doesn't (der), but refering to the original post it stated that he OWNED a Koenig TR and is now starting a fuel injection conversion ... thus is he removing the Koenig injection system or adding?, ie. if it already is a Koenig TR wouldn't it ALREADY have the Koenig injection manifold?.

Personally I find his cars bloody ugly, but respect his mechanical abilities, he just cannot style a car to save his ****

Pete :confused:

edit: Okay I have thought about this and assume Koenig Ferraris come in different levels/grades and thus he probably is adding the manifold, and that currently it is a lower level Koenig Ferrari (?) ... maybe?

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    You must worship Koenig, totally brilliant in the 80's

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    :p

Pete

8. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Taso, what kind of hp is your TR making now ? Hudson Historics just had my 512TR racer hooked up with a Motec engine management system. Its making 470 hp on the dyno. I think 600 hp is achievable with a few mods. Definately going to rebuild the trans with all race parts to handle that before we push beyond 470 hp though. That car with 2800 # is already violently scarey fast :)

Have you guys ever seen a carbed TR? I think I saw a photo of a carbed TR from a shop in Japan that was posted here

9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Got to agree that carbed (or whatever) TR engine looks good:

10. KoenigTR

KoenigTR Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Tampa Bay
    My Koenig had the old mechanic injection (Bosch K). It dyno'd at 420 to the rear at 6 pounds of boost. Car started leaning out above that, and rather than sending the computer , old tech , to Koenig, we are installing a new computer prog. system. My car was rated at 700hp from Koenig, later versions were 1000bhp, with upgraded fuel injection. Hopefully I'll be around the 700 to 800 at 15 pounds.

Taso

11. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    wow that is a lot of power.

regardless of egos here, 1000hp is a very difficult amount to handle in a street car. I have a hell of a time at 680hp in a drag mustang cruizing around. The extra 320, well at that point, why bother wearing a seatbelt, you gonna die.

Hope you live in the sticks, and good luck

12. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    taso what have you done to reinforce the trans ?

13. KoenigTR

KoenigTR Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Tampa Bay
    It has a "Koenig reinforced gear box" that cost the previous owner 5k in 1987. What exactly he did , not sure.

14. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I hope he did a lot :)