Fung Shui - numbers question | FerrariChat

Fung Shui - numbers question

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kenny94945, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    Any Fung Shui advice on numbers?

I can pick the follow numbers for a new address:

636, 637, 639, 641..Fourth Street

Any comments about which would give me great luck and harmony under the Fung Shui philosophy?

2. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    You're supposed to put odds on one side of the street and evens on the other. Assuming you're on the odd side of the street, I'd go with 639.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    Penn & Teller did an amusing segment on Fung Shui (or however it's spelled) on their Showtime show Bull****!

doody.

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    If it's a prime piece of real estate, you better go with 641

<chortle>

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Numbers play a role second only to food in Chinese custom and culture. It is believed that numbers can determine a person?s fate- for example in the naming of a child.
    Certain numbers are considered lucky, and others unlucky. The luckiest number in Chinese culture is eight, as the Chinese for eight sounds like the word for ?lucky?. Four, conversely is a very unlucky number as in Chinese it sounds like the word for death. Thus Chinese adhering to the customs try to avoid the number four in, for example, car number plates, house addresses etc. Seven can also signify death, and '1' loneliness.

Another copy/paste:

In China, six, eight and nine are considered lucky numbers, since their homophones have auspicious meanings. Six, pronounced 'Liu' in Chinese, implies that everything about you will go smoothly. Eight was originally deemed auspicious by the Cantonese, since in Cantonese, eight reads as 'Fa', which means to make a great fortune in the near future. Later, the auspiciousness of eight was taken up by all Chinese. The letter nine, pronounced as 'Jiu', implies everlasting, especially in friendship and marriage. Thus, numbers ending with these three digits are firm favourites, for example, when it comes to choosing phone numbers, car license tags and room numbers. Four and seven are unlucky numbers people will avoid since the former implies death and the latter means gone.

More numbers http://www.fengshuihelp.com/chinese_numbers.htm

637 and 641 are out, then.
    636 and 639 are left.

What about that darn 3?
    Read this:
    http://www.feng-shui-architects.com/articles-fengshuinumerology.htm

It's settled, then.

I win again!