EVERYBODY had their cars out today! | FerrariChat

EVERYBODY had their cars out today!

Discussion in 'New England' started by Doody, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    went for a drive with the boss and the little monsters this afternoon. folks were behaving like it was 90 degrees! convertibles everywhere. boxsters. 911s. lexi. beemers. even saw a white lotus (albeit, not a convertible).

enjoy the weather boys. smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

doody.

2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    At one point the thermometer in my 360 was suggesting it was 59F. Methinks that some of that is due to my car being black and absorbing the sun, but it was a great day to be out and about. Couldn't help popping into FoNE to check on order status. Car now has a VIN and should be complete 3/3 (Next Wed!!!). So it looks like my "spring" expectation may be met.

Also got to do some tunnel running w/ windows open and throttle pinned in 2nd. That got the grin quotient up a few notches :)

3. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Great day for driving today!

Lots of motorcycles were out driving today too, be careful of them...

Kind Regards, Chris

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I was out on my snowmobile all day! We still have quite a bit of snow on the ground but it is a lot more enjoyable in 40+degree weather.

5. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    everyone did have their cars out today. i dont know if i saw anyone from fchat but i did see a green f355 spider on rt20. and i also saw the white lotus!.... it was an older one. also saw multiple porsches/corvettes/mustangs/camaros/firebirds/roadsters/ all of the more common cars. few hot rods/muscle cars. some of the usual guys at rileys roast beef had their old classic cars out. wish i saw more exotics tho. heres some pics from the day

http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/album168?page=6
    (they start from the last 3 on that page)

the silver 360 is at hatch n sons. wasnt really special since its always there for sale.

6. itzadapope

itzadapope Rookie

Feb 27, 2004

I was lucky enough to spot a spotless navy blue Rolls Royce Phantom valet parked in front of the Capital Grill on Newbury Street Saturday night. Seconds later I saw a Porsche 911 Turbo on the street in front of J.P. Lick's....but the Phantom definitely stole the show. It looks MUCH better in person that in pictures.

-Victor

7. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hah! That was my friend Will...he was looking for th fchat meet in Burlington.
    That car has one of the most raked hood/a-pillars I've ever seen.

Gorgeous car. I happen to have pix of it here: http://nabbs.fbody.com/10_4_03/

Yes, there were really quite a few cars out there...not to mention an extra assortment of PoPos ;)

Best,

-N

8. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    the one i saw i thought looked older, but it was a white lotus and had the same taillights so im sure that was it. i also saw him driving towards heberts candy mansion cruise night last summer. i was leaving, he was coming. i think it was the same night a yellow lotus also came.

....i agree the phantom looks better in person. im still not much of a fan but it is better in person. i think you can't realize how massive the car is until you are next to it. only time i saw one was at foreign motors west.

9. Boston 7777

Boston 7777 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    That yellow vette scared me last summer on comm ave.. its so loud...I raced him off the line and he left a 500 foot smoke run...and my ears were ringing

10. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    My wife and I were in Boston on foot Saturday and saw the usual parade of exotic hardware on Newbury street including a Lotus S4S and a dark blue 550 Maranello- Doody, was that you?

Tons of Porsches, BMWs (a new 6-series, too!) and a red and white Viper RT10 that just kept going around the block, revving his engine in 5mph traffic.

Is it me, or are there more motorcycles into the Newbury st. "see and be seen" mix this year? Lots of big Harleys setting off car alarms, and a group of really obnoxious Japanese sport bikes weaving through stopped traffic at stop lights.

-John P

11. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    John:

The Harley's have been an issue for the past three or so years. There have been many complaints in the neighborhood about them as they are distrurbing residents in the late evening. I have never really seen a large group of sportbikes on Newbury before, but I can definately see the damger issues of weaving in and out of traffic there. Newbury is too crowded to be driving your nice car on IMHO. If anything, park at Louis Boston and tour the rest of the beautiful area by foot. I have seen many accidents and fender benders on nice cars there.

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    not i, sir. mine's black.

doody.

13. Giovanni_P

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    It was too bad that all the noise really spoiled a nice dinner out on the patio for us. The funny thing was that the Ferrari and the Lotus just sort of slid by idling quietly, while the bikes and that @*#& Viper seemed inclined to make as much noise as they could, whenever they could.

Doody- couldn't tell that your car was blue or black from your profile. Figured it was worth a shot, though- how many dark-colored 550s could there be in Massachusetts proper?

Last observation was that that Lotus sounded high-strung even at idle. Like it was itching to get to the Mass Ave I-90 entrance and wiiiiiiind the motor out!

-John P

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Dan,
    I think I saw your new CS cruising north on 128 at about 1:30 PM on Friday (or was it Sat? I can't remember the day but I know the time, strange huh?) NICE MAN!!

Birdman

15. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    May well have been - I was in London, but Lisa took the car out on Friday and I know she was on 128. Spooky!

Dan

16. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yeah I've seen that viper just cruising around the block, went by where I work 2 or 3 times in an hour, i like the hennessey grill on the front. I also saw another GTS and a red 355 spyder parked over by Fenway for the game I assume. I also saw an X5 Limo which I hadn't seen before in the area. That new 6 series in silver looks hott. There was also the new 300C parked in the Prudential garage which I didn't expect ot see so early.

17. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    #17 ETW, Apr 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i still can't drive :(

Why do i feel like Charlie Brown in the Halloween special... where instead of candy he ALWAYS got a rock :(

19. Giovanni_P

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    That's the one.

That pic is the only time I saw that #*@& car without it making any noise!

20. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    #20 ETW, Apr 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I saw it parked out front at the Armani cafe along with an M5, 2 Brabus Mercedes, and a Porsche 996 Turbo. There was also a silver 360 Spider in the parking garage we parked at! There was a bunch of other great cars there too, and a million bikes. I didnt get to hear the Viper though. Look at the badge on the back!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    lol, same here, it's the first time I have seem him and not heard him.

22. Giovanni_P

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    650 horsepower will get you from Armani to Virgin Records in just under 5 minutes- same as everybody else with all that traffic. My sister used to bartend at Cafe Armani, and we would go down there to mooch free drinks and watch all the Porsches and BMW's "parking by braille" and banging up their nice alloy wheels on the curbs trying to parallel park. One of the best car-spotting streets around, IMO.

23. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Interesting badge on that Viper. The unit of torque is wrong. Torque is measured in lbs-ft not lbs/ft.

Birdman

24. Giovanni_P

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    Stock Vipers don't have nearly that kind of horsepower or torque. So whoever did the one-off badge didn't remember their high school unit conversion.

600+ HP is nothing to sneeze at, though.

25. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just saw a Red 360 over by the Fens, nice sounding.