Mineral Wells AutoX May 2nd | FerrariChat

Mineral Wells AutoX May 2nd

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Apr 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Typically a small group, usually over by 5PM. $25 gets you the typical 4 runs (2 per heat) & 1 heat of working the coarse. an extra $10 gets you an extra 2 runs, if your in the top 10 you supposedly get all your $ back for the day. From what I understand this can a very fast course & loves to eat tires.

Details at www.autocross.com/er

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    The bigger worry than tires at the Mineralring is the loose gravel... especially if you are on sticky tires... if you try to keep your car pristine, you might look to autocrosses at Pennington (small, slow, but concrete surface) or TMS (big lot with usually-good asphalt). Just FYI.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I like the PCA or BMW AX's at Mineral Wells. Usually 8 runs and the track is more open, although I like the SCCA/ER because it's more competitive and technical courses.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks for the info Brian, I've heard that about Mineral Wells. I'm using Falken Azenis & they are very sticky. Since I live in West Ft. Worth, it won't be a bad drive out there just to check it out.