Track Day Cancelled | FerrariChat

Track Day Cancelled

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Brigitte, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    4/29/04 "Livin' on the Edge" Track Day is cancelled.

Be on the look-out for a new date coming soon!

This gives you time to get your cars prepared.

Brigitte Sieracki, Event Coordinator

Need to get ahold of me, try

[email protected]

My direct office number 310-892-3105 Mon-Sat 7-7 PST

Try FX Performance in West Los Angeles for all your Auto Body and Mechanical problems. They are incredible, but many of you already know that.

www.fxperformance.com

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I KNEW you would chicken out!

DL

3. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Amazingly enough I found myself all alone in wanting this track day...go figure?

I would have taken my Volvo up and went laps. What in tar-nation happened to you all?

...looks like I'm surrounded by 'chicken outers'...hmmmmmm...no bragging rights here. bbboooooooookkk, bock bock bock ba goockkk!!!

!We need a thread needed labeled "Excuses to Go to Track events".
    I double darth dare ya.

4. George H.

George H. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    George Hoover
    Hey, you weren't ALL alone! I was in . . . but where's everybody else?

5. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Well I don't have a ferrari so I should maybe take a moment to think what I want to say here. Um...hmm hmmm...ummmm...oh, okay...Ferrari Ownerrrsss is different from Ferrari Driverrrsssss? ;) I'm a driveerrrr and when I buy my F car in 2006 I'll prove it.

Next time I should invite Ferrari Driveerrrsssss ah-ha, lookie I'm catchin' on!!!

Really, I do think you guys are great, but, we should really attend a track day together, who's with me? name the where and when.

6. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    'Chicken Little' Hero, for not being afraid to put yourself on the track!

7. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Hi Brigitte,

I took my car to the track (Willow Springs) the weekend of March 13-14. While I had a lot of fun and learned a lot more about driving fast, it convinced me that I would not do that again in my Ferrari for 3 reasons.

1. There was way too much stuff (bits of tires, pebbles and whatever) flying around. I came away with many black marks all over the car from rubber flying around and came away with two huge rock chips in the A pillar on the passenger side. If either of those stones had been an inch to the right I'm sure my windshield would have shattered.

2. I saw a new BMW 540 roll over several times between turns 8 and 9. The car was totalled. I saw several other cars spin out and go off the track including a newer Porsche 911, a Porsche Boxster, another BMW 5 series and a couple others. I don't want to take the chance of severely damaging this car.

3. I didn't like the kind of wear and tear on the tires, brakes, engine and transmission that happens at the track.

On the other hand, the experience convinced me that I want to do it again (just not in my Ferrari). I am going to sign up for some track driving classes. I am also exploring buying or building an actual race car to take to the track. This seems to me to be the way to go. I can have the thrill of the track, improve my driving skills and not worry about the damage that always takes place out there.

Thanks for putting these on. I will join you when I have that race car to bring.

Best regards,

Ron