Mt Dora This Sunday 4/18/04 | FerrariChat

Mt Dora This Sunday 4/18/04

Discussion in 'Florida' started by LRPMAN, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    5th annual Mt Dora show is Sunday 4/18/2004. Anybody going?
    LEATHERIQUE will be there along with our TR. If you come by the booth just ask for the "RED HEAD" Discount.

2. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Hi George -

This is Frank Lipinski - you helped me with Leatherique a long long time ago, don't know if you remember but I reccomend it to everyone I know.

I'm registered for Mt. Dora but not sure if going. 6 trophy's in the past 12 months..kind of burned out. Trophied at Sebring 2 weeks ago.

I do know it's a first class act. Same promoter who did Winter Park and same judges as Cavallino. Right now we are in the middle of some mean rain but forcast looks good for the weekend.

I'll look for you if I go up. My car is a red/tan 355 spider..lic plate FL 355.

Best Rgds
    Frank

3. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Sure do Frank. We will have the only TR with S.C. Plates. I am dying to find out how good or bad this car is. With 8,200 miles I HOPE it is good. 1st showing of the car.
    Take Care
    George P.

4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend this year. :( They changed the event schedule around from previous years...with the show on Sunday...which really throws alot of wrenches in our plans. Sure wish they'd change it back, as the Saturday show was much more accomodating...oh well. Sure was hoping to bring one of the cars down for the event.

Hope the 1st showing of your new TR goes well for you George. Having seen the car, I'd be very surprised if you don't get a 1st place in at least one category! Enjoy the show, and please snap a few pics for us :)

5. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    is this the fest. of exotic cars show?

6. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Yes. Cars start setting up around 8-8:30, begin departing around 4PM. Downtown Mt. Dora.

KevFla

7. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Well George, hang on to your hat and your ego. Judges are brutal! At Winter Park they had about 4 TR that were stunning.

Give you an idea: I lost 1 point for having Keith Collins mats without the stock mats underneath, 1/2 pt for a clear bra, 1/2 pt for paint chip under the bottom of the spoiler and 1/2 pt for not having the orginal license plate frame (a cheap black plastic one the dealer throws away when they put their own plate on).

Ended up with 2nd place...have since corrected all above (except clear bra).

Right now I have to say 90% chance that I will be there...will look for you.

Rgds
    Frank

8. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Mt Dora had a great event. Chance to see some old freinds and meet new ones - all with the F car passion.

If you never have gone there, don't miss it next year. Fantastic drive! If you take 95 to 46 you have a scenic 2 lane road that goes through some nice country with lakes and hills - great place to let the pony stretch it's legs!

Very well orgainized event - plenty or rare and exotics.

Ended up with 2nd place again...Can't beat Mike when we are judged in the same class. A beautiful 328 with only 3,100 miles (not a typo).

Mike - Bill - Tim - George Good to see you.

Frank
    ps - George you have mail

9. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Glad to hear it was a wonderful event. Congrats on the 2nd place too! How did George fare on the red-head's debut?

Hope someone took pics for us :D

10. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I'll post some pix soon. I'll let George explain how he did...he's still enroute home....

11. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    how stupid, judging a 15+year old car with 3100 Miles. That is not preservation but Pervertion!

"Yes I wax it daily"

Gosh these misguided thoughts. Tow it to the next Concourse because if you drive it it will start sputtering oil through all seals.

Start driving that car and talk to me how nice it looks with 40,000 Miles on it. Then you can be judged in my opinion.

The scoring system is all messed up. For every year there have to be 2000 Miles or you get points deducted. For every 30% less you get a point less per year.

Damn am I mad!

12. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    how hard is it to preserve a car under a bubble?

13. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    LOL, Martin...my sentiments exactly :)

14. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    The Red Head survived the stupid stuff the OWNER did.
    1. Forgot the Jack
    2. Put in an Alpine Radio so I would not lose points for the SONY and the @#%&*% did not WORK!
    3. Knocked a HOLE in the air dam doing the LOOP DE LOOP TOUR. Rock sticking up IN THE ROAD, at the turn, said "AH! LOW MILAGE CAR LETS GET IT!. it did.
    No clue how we scored. The male judge said I had "4 to many prancing horses" (valve stem covers). Also my gas cap and oil filler where not the dead black.
    Have not run into this since the old CCCA days of sticking fingers up the tail pipe!
    All in all a good show. Will have lots of pictures on the site as soon as I get them formated. All the pictures on our site are HI RES so you can downlaod and print if you want.
    Hey Eric, missed you and your wife, Krysti was looking for you.
    The BEST part of the weekend was we ASKED for a nonsmoking room. SO, they removed the ash tray, stuck on a NON SMOKING SIGN and put us next to a cigar smokers bathroom. Once per night had to RUN FOR COVER till the air cleared. Of course the windows where PAINTED SHUT and the warning on the A/C was not to go below 72 deg (we never went above that once).
    Next adventure is Aiken on 4/24/2004, then the Walter Mitty.
    It was great MEETING PEOPLE and putting faces with names.
    Take Care
    Georeg P.

15. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    to me the show this year was a 4 out of a 10.

I was let down at the fact alot of the Ferraris had dead bugs on them, the enzo included. dont you guys spot clean your cars when you get to the show?

the high lights were the XJ220, the alex job Porsche, the '95 Diablo that I almost bought about 3 years ago and it was nice for my wife to see an enzo up close.

hopefuly next year will be much better

16. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    to me the show this year was a 4 out of a 10.

I was let down at the fact alot of the Ferraris had dead bugs on them, the enzo included. dont you guys spot clean your cars when you get to the show?

the high lights were the XJ220, the alex job Porsche, the '95 Diablo that I almost bought about 3 years ago and it was nice for my wife to see an enzo up close.

hopefuly next year will be much better

17. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

Well at least they drove them up and it showed. I bet you that Enzo had more miles on it than this infamous 328 with 3100.
    So what it had dead bugs on them.

18. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I wonder if these owners have beautiful wifes. "Oh I never "do it" with her, she is too precious. I don't want to scratch the filler intake with my gas nozzle! They deduct points at the Playboy Mansion Concourse de Boobyganza."

Those are the women and cars you need to pick up:

desperate to be ridden! :)

19. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Hey Martin! How ya doin?

I agree with you 100%....BTW that guy has never puts wax on his car, just a quick detailer because it does not need any protection (not driven)...

I met Kevin for the first time (he was a judge in my class)...nice guy and he said you guys are having a dialog....good news.

Yes....I had bugs on my car...about 4 1/2 hour ride up, the last hour was doing an average of about 90 mph on an open road with a lot of curves and hills. Then a duck (no kidding) took a dump on my rag top....

The guy with the 328 is not in my group at Cavallino and that's it for me. More time driving / track and less time cleaning.

Dream Cars - I can assure you there were no bugs on my car at time of judging...yes the Diablos were nice, I know both owners and met Kurt Osterman, owner of Lamborghini Orlando.

George - I told you Martha knew her stuff, but now you know what to do next time. BTW - if you're going next year we'll hook up. A found a first class hotel on the water about 30 minutes away with enclosed garages.

20. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Oh yeah, not to go OT but how was the Jupiter event....did not see anything new posted on the thread. You guys go?

I was coming through Jupiter around 6:30PM and kept my eyes peeled for F-Cars on 95 headed south...didn't see anyone.

21. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Kurt is not the owner, he just gets stuck working all the events. Peter is the owner nice guy, ive known him for over 13 years.

As for the bugs, i dont own a ferrari but i do own some cars that would be a step or to under a ferrari and ive driven those cars to car shows 6+ hours away. but I would never put the car on display with out making sure it looks its best. so they drove them, good for them im glad people are enjoying them. maybe its just me, i must be having a bad week but driving a car and getting dead bugs all over it I have no problem with, driving a car to a car show and getting dead bugs all over it and putting it on display like that i do, maybe it is lazyness, maybe you wanted to meet up with friends, maybe i dont know...and I wasnt the only one at just about everycar i was complaining about in my head someone else was complainging about out loud.

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I can assure you for the event on Sunday in Hollywood I will for sure bring the Challenge out there and it does have bugs and road debris as well as tire nugget marks. I would not want to have it any other way. I call them "battle scars" :)

23. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Got my on line statement and the Lakeside Inn Charged me TWICE for the room. I guess once for the SMOKING ROOM and once for the SIGN that said NON_SMOKING. Does a Monkey, football ring a bell!
    Getting ready for the Local show on the 24th and the Walter Mitty.

24. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    a race car is different

25. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Dream Cars - I apologize if I was mistaken. Carlos with the black diablo purchased 7 lambos from them and he made the intro as the owner...

Martin - What time are you arriving there? It's a last minute thing for me and all I know is cars must be in place by 12?

NO BUGS HERE - only thing I see is the trunk not being completely shut.
    Credit the pix to George......