Euro vs. US 328 / 308 QV and I - Reliability | FerrariChat

Euro vs. US 328 / 308 QV and I - Reliability

Discussion in '308/328' started by flyingboa, Apr 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Just to share my point of view and to compare my ideas with you out there. After some time in this forum, mainly reading than posting, it seems to me that US spec classics are far more prone to problems compared with their European sisters.
    Many threads are focusing on problems related to the exhaust system, cats, sensors etcetera. As on my car (EU 1986 328) none of these systems is installed, no problems from there!
    So, just to understand, what is the impact of these early anti pollution systems on reliability of your cars in the US?
    Vice versa, has anybody in Europe experienced some tragic problems in the elctronics similar in magnitude to those arising from the cats?

Ciao

Eugenio

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have an 84 308 with 90,000 miles - 34,000 are mine. I have had no unusual problems at all (so far)

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I also have an "84 308(US) with 65,000 miles. No problems whatsoever. Just routine maintanence, and just as important, I drive her every- single- weekend-and I think that's the key.