Hydraulic clutch for 308 | FerrariChat

Hydraulic clutch for 308

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jeffdavison, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Has anyone adapted an hydraulic clutch for the 308? (non-Mondial)?

Specifically I'd like to know how people have put a slave cylinder to actuate the throwout.

I've seen the Tilton hydraulic throwout bearings, but I was thinking more in line with an external slave that actuates the mechanical lever on the housing, i.e. what sort of bracketry needs to be fabricated, which cylinder was chosen etc. I've already taken care of the master, so that's not an issue for me, just the slave.

Thanks guys

Jeff Davison

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ok dont hate me for suggesting this but i have also wondered about this as i am in the market for a beater 308 and thought that this would be a good idea. i have had several toyota MR2's and wondered if that could be used as a basis for fabricating the parts or just stealing them from the car and adapting them to fit. i feel the mid engine layout , wheel base ect of that car in particular may be a good place to start. the lack of room in the front of the 308's makes me wonder how hard it will be to make it WORK. good luck

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Not to my knowledge...
    I have found that a properly adjusted and lubricated stock unit works great.

4. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Thanks guys for the input, but it doesn't answer what I'd like to find out.
    I'm building a racer and I already have a Tilton pedal box set up. I'd like to find someone who's BTDT with an outboard slave on the clutch.

Jeff Davison

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Hmm,
    Don't believe I've ever read of a hydraulic conversion to a GTS/GTB/GT4 since I've joined the Fchat & Flist over 4 years ago. Try searching the old FerrariChat archives in case I missed it tho.