Boxer and Bora | FerrariChat

Boxer and Bora

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by muttsjet, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. muttsjet

muttsjet Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    #1 muttsjet, Nov 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My 83 Boxer engine is a work of art I don't think I want to personnaly "apply a brush to" expect for minor touchups.

My 73 Bora engine, also a work of art, was in dire need of a "Michelangelo", but those types of guys are hard to find these days. So, whipped out "my paint brush" and went for it.

As it turns out, the Bora V8 is a simple engine to work on. Am havings heads rebuilt now and will pull short block, and have cylinder liners refurbished. Yanking the cooling system, fuel system, and ignition system, were all also very straight forward. Am also restoring interior and exterior as well.

When complete, will hopefully run a close second to the Boxer.

Next, oh where to find an affordable Miura (I know an oxymoron)...

Mutt
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    I assume you are coring the radiator and adding extra fan.. Are you planning on going with Forged pistons (from Kyle) or OEM. Also do you know about Carrazorria Campana in Modena? They are the least expensive place to purchase parts and will have every OEM part regardless of what you need. I purchased many bizarre new parts in original Maserati bags from them a couple of years ago when I was there.

If you email or call talk to Sylvia she speaks perfect English.

http://www.campanacarrozzeria.it/

Unfortunately they were not really able to do as good on Ferrari parts for my 365 but there are awesome on Maserati GT parts. Up to things like new door skins for a 3500.

Good Luck

Rodney