Sun Shield | FerrariChat

Sun Shield

Discussion in 'New England' started by Capt, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Folks,

I'm looking for a sun shield to put in the windshield of my 355 (to prevent the dash shrinkage) anyone know of some place that carries the pattern? I checked Cover craft and they dont....idealy I'd like to get one with a Ferrari Logo...

-Michael

2. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    I find it strange that they don't have one for the 355. They make them for Tr's although when I got it it didn't fit. It was too tall to put the sun visors down to hold it place. I went through Autogeek.net (nice name ehhh ? in fact I'm now known as Autogeek in work :) ) and what they did was have Cover craft send me a kit to have one custom made by them. Basically it's a clear plastic template that you indicate where the windshield outline and r-view cutouts are. You sent it back to them and they make it based on the template. I just got the kit and haven't yet had a chance to set up the template. They're the best on the market IMHO. I've been using them for years.

Kenny K.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    fwiw, when i must park my car outside in the sun, i just crack the windows and put the factory andrea carcover.com cover on it.

doody.

4. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I bought a 'Jumbo' sized red windshield cover at AutoZone.
    The took a sheet of red ruby mover's paper & made a pattern of my windshield. Removed the binding from the cover, trimmed it to fit the pattern.

I then sewed the binding onto the now custom fitting cover while watching the F1 races. Don't recommend that, it's real easy to put a needle into your finger whenever Schumaker trys a tight inside pass on a curve(DUH).

Guess I could pick up an adhesive F* logo or cavalino & stick on the center of it.