Where should I sit for the US F1 GP? | FerrariChat

Where should I sit for the US F1 GP?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by monza, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. monza

monza Rookie

Jan 2, 2004
    I am a long time "lurker" on this site, and the earlier version. Although I don't own any Ferraris yet (that can't fit in a shoebox anyway ;)), I love everything about them.

Anyway, I was wondering where the best seats (not overly expensive) would be. I've never been to Indy, and my friend who is also going only has experience in the Bosch sponsored box seats. What do you recommend?

Also, I remember many threads last year about a bunch of F car owners from here parking together near/on the track and hanging out. I'd like to see your cars / meet some of you. Any plans for this year as well? Thanks!

Best wishes, Mike

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Behind the wheel of Rubens car.

3. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    Monza

I like being on the front straight. I can see the cars coming out of the back turn onto the front straight and open it up. My seats are right across from the pagoda (sp) and you can see the Ferrari pit well. Unless they change which end they are on this year. I like being able to see all the pit row action. The higher up your seats the better. I have Penthouse seats third row up from the front. From there, you also have a good view of the podium as well. I am pretty much on the brick yard.

I also like watching practice and qualifying on one of the back turns at the fence. You can stand there and be pretty close to the cars and can get some good shots. They go pretty slow on one of the short back turns and if you have agood camera and lens, you can get some good close ups.

But for the race, I get in my seats on the front straight and do not leave them until its over.

I may be unable to attend this year and may have two available seats for sale plus the practice qualifying, plus parking for all three days. If anyone has an interest, let me know by PM. I was going to put them on EBAY, but would rather them go to someone here that could benefit. I should know in about a week if I am going or not.

I'll try and post some pictures from my seats.

my

4. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    front row grid
    wide view of start
    start
    Ferrari in

Hope this upload works.

5. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    How do you upload pictures? I have not uploaded since the new software.

Thanks

my

6. nickdtm

nickdtm Rookie

Mar 21, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I have been in NW vista the last few years and I couldn't be happier with the seats. They offer a great view.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    VIP stands on top of the pit building. In front of you the s/f line with the grandstand as backdrop and behind you "der Kontakthof", where the F1 guys hang out. Looking straight down, you can watch pit stops.
    :)

8. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I went with the FCA last year, and got tickets within their block of tickets in section H. They also have tickets in the NW vista. I really liked section H, because you're right on top of the first two turns, and can clearly see the next several after that. Additionally, you can get a long look on your right toward the starting-grid straightaway, so you can see lots of opportunities for overtaking. In fact, we had the best seats in the house last year for when JPM bumped Rubens off the track (another overtaking opportunity).

Check the website for the FCA Central Indiana Chapter for more details.

http://www.fca-cic.org/

9. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Hi meloyelo. You have a PM.

Paul

10. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    #11 JPF, Apr 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    #12 JPF, Apr 24, 2004
  12. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    Josh,

You suck!

Just kidding.

:)

How do you score something like that?

my

13. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    #14 JPF, Apr 24, 2004
    My wife runs the hospitality for Marlboro Team Penske. Needless to say, when the Marlboro F1 team comes to the states, she has some pull.

I it very cool to get tours of the garage area, including parts that are not normally on the tour. Let's just saw you can get REALLY close to the cars, and the drivers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login