360 Degrees of Exclamation! | FerrariChat

360 Degrees of Exclamation!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ...Then Bradley pulled over. "Are you ready?" he said.

"Ready for what?", i asked blankly.

"To drive!" he said, as he got out of the car.

"What...?!? Are you serious...?"

i just met this guy two weeks ago; he invites me to his tattoo parlour to hang out and all of a sudden we're riding in his black on black on black 360 Modena! It was amazing... We had spoken earlier that day and he said he'd be working 'til 9, but that i could come over and hang out.

So i drove out to his shop and watched him ink a customer. The art on the walls is amazing; it was like hanging out inside the left part of someone's brain, closely inspecting their most intimately creative thoughts and ideas.

After he finished with his client, we shot the breeze for a while, just chatting about cars and other cool stuff. Turns out Brad busts his ass everyday and has virtually no "spare" time to enjoy his hellish Modena - so he uses it as his daily driver! Awesome...! In just 3 months, he's put almost 3 thousand miles on it... That car is HAPPY!

So, after talking about the car, he decides we should go for a ride.

"Wanna go for a ride?" he said. You don't have to ask me twice. :)

So off we went, scything into the night. Firmly bucketed in black Daytona seats with red inserts and red piping, Brad's shroudingly evil-looking triple black 360 seemed to dim the crepuscular evening. Aside from the Xenons and wailing Tubi, we were almost invisible. He demonstrated the power of not only the go pedal, but the stop pedal, as well. It's an impressive machine, to say the least.

So there we were, cruising , when he pulled over and coolly uttered that fateful question. Fumbling with the mere idea of it all, i had to ask if he was serious.

He was. So i did.

As always, i sheathed my hands in my signature driving leathers. i nervously lowered myself into the cockpit - (you'd think after having driven a Mondial, a 355, 2 328s and a TR, i wouldn't get these first-time school girl jitters anymore) - and let my body settle into the seat like stones settling in a box. Once the door was closed and i was belted in, i pulled my glazed eyes and smile away from the dash for a second to make sure the parking brake wasn't on. My left hand fumbled down on the floor by my left foot, right by the seat, but the brake wasn't there. Wtf...?

Oh, wait. It's up here, to my right. That was my first sheepish moment. Once i was set to go, i engaged first and as my foot began to feather off the clutch, the car just started moving. Every facet of these cars denotes a powerful urge and strong desire to DRIVE. Not sit to be seen; DRIVE. Off the clutch and very conservative with the gas, we were instantly at 40mph. i barely touched it!

A little more and i was ready for 2nd. Not so fast. i guess she wasn't warm enough for second, so after a moment of struggle, i conceded to third. That was my second sheepish moment.

Third gear - like second - is geared to MOVE, from bottom to top. Even at low RPMs, the slightest pressure on the loud pedal thrusts the car with urgency and immediacy. After cruising for a minutes, my foot suddenly got heavy and we instantly shot off, into the night. Approaching redline, i shifted and WOW...! This is not some notchy, stiff, temperamental gearbox; it practically shifted itself...! Before i knew it, was going twice as fast as i just was a moment ago. i still get chills thinking about the acceleration.

i was fastly closing in on the next throng of traffic ahead, so i slowed it down and downshifted back into third. That traffic was soon in my rearview and shrinking by the second, though. Ripping through third, i sought out the ends of the earth. About 1,500 from redline, i sliced into fourth, not missing a beat and steadily closing in on fifth. With the tach needle rising with the same fury as the speedo needle, i shifted into 5th.

Everything outside of the car was just a blur; everything was still and silent. The engine note symphonized my actions as we barrelled down the road. i was in heaven.

i inevitably found more traffic and was forced to reduce my speed. Eventually, i pulled over and Brad and i switched seats once again, journeying back to our starting point. He had a wife and two kids to get home to and i had a huge smile i had to maintain.

We parted that evening, only to see each other again last night. Bradley's been itching to ink someone with a Pranching Horse as he's never done one before and i was only too happy to be the test pilot. When i arrived at his shop, he showed me his outline. It was exact in every detail.

Laid out, Bradley began working. Executing his skill with permanence into my skin. Upon completion, he said it again:

"Wanna go for a ride?"

Unbelievable...!

Before i knew it, we were fiercely running down the expressway. It takes me a half hour to get to his shop and within ten minutes, we were only two exits away from my house! A u-turn took us back towards his shop, but not without a small detour...

...for some drifting...! Brad showed me his 360's sass as he swung her ass back and forth around corners. A burnout and even a donut were included in the demonstration. i guess driving it everyday familiarizes you with a car. In just a few months, he's got a handle on how to drive it.

When all was said and done, we ended the night with a sneak preview of some very cool video editing from the NNO Who run he did. All in all, it was two very awesome nights.

The 360 has been very elusive hitherto, as i've never had any first-hand knowledge of its true capabilities. i've fallen in love with it all over again and even now, days later, i can't think about it without getting that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Damn, i love Ferraris.

Thanks for everything, Bradley; you're a real class act and i had a kick-ass time. Hanging out with you was definitely a pleasure. It's amazing how many really cool people i've met on the internet. :) i'll see you soon.

2. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Really nice 360, but no pics of your ink??? :D

EDIT: Never mind, saw it in the other thread. No need to post THAT again. :cool:

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I am glad to see others sharing the joy of their Ferrrari's.

4. tw1nturb0

tw1nturb0 Karting

Feb 2, 2004
    great experience. thanks for sharing... i want ink again now :D

5. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Awesome story Carbon when are you buying one?

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    You can make "360" money doing tatoos????
    Dammit.... why did I spend so much time in school?!?!?!
    I'm such a sucker...

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Great Story.

That car looks sweet. Love the stealth look to it.

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks, everyone... i had a lot of fun hanging out with Bradley; it's such a privilege to be able to drive one of these cars, i'm so happy he shared that with me... He's truly an A+ dude...

9. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Once again a very cool gesture on your part Brad. Awesome looking car!

10. Nice I dont care for the wheels are dark tint but nice. When is the video coming. ?

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i guess the wheels and the tint are an acquired taste; i can see how some folks might not like the color combination, but this is, hands down, my favorite 360... :)

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me - I think it looks sleek.

13. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    That car looks so evil, it's a shame the name "Diablo" is taken..

14. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    To tell you the truth I see giving that kind of oppertunity to someone thats dreaming of one day owning one of these amazing structure's of art is nessasary. It will give that peson who already has such a passion for Ferrari
    to go out and achive that goal of busting his ass to make his or her dream possible. I felt compelled to do this being that he #1 is so ingulfed in Ferrari, more than anyone I have come across. I thought I was into these cars alot until I found this forum then my reaction changed like holy **** these guys know everything. Then I came across Carbon and he just surpassed what I thought my mind was able to handle of a Ferrari fan. So I saw something in him that you dont see in a lot of people a genuine passion for these cars like no other and he does not even own one. Some times I feel compelled to do something so rash to some this being one of them just meating a guy and not even hanging out with that person long enough to tell you he has food stuck in his teeth, and letting him take control of a dream that was yours since you were a little kid. Just seeing the smile on his face when I asked him If he wanted to take a ride was priceless than when I asked him if he was ready to drive his shock of "Did he just ask me what I think he said" was awesome. From the moment I saw him put on those leather driving gloves I new I made the right choice in letting him unleash his love for this stallion. When the night ended I went home knowing that i most likely made this guys day. Put a huge smile on his face and maybe put a little more insperation in his life to one day own such a fine peice of art.

Furthermore for you to do something like this lets you know and feel that even though it's a Ferrari you have to be able to know that you are able to let go because one day it could be all gone. Most of all I like shareing with my brother,sister,friend,wife or fellow F-chatter the enjoyment I get out of the car. I guess I just wished when I was a younger that there was people out there who would actually be this way and I never was able to find someone like that so in conclusion I became that person.

Sorry if this sounded gay It's just the way I truly feel.

P.S. excuse the spelling remember I am a Tattoo artist not a lawyers secratery

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    This is exactly what i mean when i say you're a stand-up guy; a real A+, class act... Thank you, Brad... :)

16. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I am either that or just gay!!!

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, there's nothing wrong with being either one... :)

18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    "No Limits" sign in the background of one of the pictures. Awsome!!

19. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    Wow... that is one of the nicest 360s I have ever seen. I would have gotten a black one if the resale didnt suck (compared to red).

I wonder what the modular wheels look like in black? huh

20. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California

You have a great attitude towards other enthusiasts. That's refreshing for a change.
    Awesome tripple black combo on your 360, looks amazing.

21. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    My thouights exactly. Mean lookin machine.

22. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hey can I have the first pic there, the one with the Ford Ranger in it. It looks awsome, but I would love it full size.

Craig