Would appreciate your comments on the website | FerrariChat

Would appreciate your comments on the website

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariStuff.com, Apr 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is the new opening page attractive?

1. OMG JACK! What did you do??? Take it off! NOW !!!!

2. Mmm... Doesn't make much difference with the old one

3. WOW! MUCH better!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    I would appreciate your input on our website.

I have been talking to a lot of people lately, regading the opening page of www.************.com.

Many found it way too dull with just one image (of a recently arrived "important" article).

So, I have spent some time on making a couple of images and redesigned the opening page (the rest of the website remains as it is).

Did I over-do it? Does it look like a carnival now? Or did I make the right choice?

Looking forward to your comments (if I can get the poll to work...).

2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I cannot remember what it looked like before.

It looks fine now. It is not too busy. You made the right choice.

3. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    ---Hi,
    Feedback. I own a software company and like feedback on our products. So, compared to the old site I like the navigation and the color. In general it looks pretty good. I would mention that it did take 1min to load on to my computer via our connection (desktop 1.8GHz/512 megs, connection T1). You may want to get rid of some of the flash and revisit image size and color depth to speed your site up. Good Luck!
    regards,
    Jim Hilton

4. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    @ TMSIV

Thanks for the comment.

@ Jim

Also thanks for your comments. The images total less than 100K all together so that can't be a justification for the 1 minute download time.

Apart from the two files for the search function (which it doesn't download until called upon), the largest file it has to download is only 114K and that is the menu bar on the left.

I suspect that the server was VERY busy at that moment.

Any thoughts?