Enzo prototype | FerrariChat

Enzo prototype

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by F1racer, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    i think the first picture looks awsome.

2. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I think some of those are 100x better than the real car, shame I wasnt invited to be on the development/styling team :( oh well, maybe one will turn out to be the F60...

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    most are new to me. Thanks!

4. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA

Ok, I'm sure this has beaten to death, but I thought the enzo was essentially the F60 and the next to come would be F70 or at least that would be the code name or something. I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone will come to confirm or deny.

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I bet the future Modena replacement will adopt some of these drawings

6. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    I love the one that looks like an enclosed 2 seater F1 car!!! That is the wildest concept I've ever seen! Starts the creative juices flowing.

If I were the Sultan of Brunei, that's the one I'd have commissioned right now!
    DAMN!!!

7. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    some of those look pretty crazy. i like how they trimmed off that extra stuff and went with something a lot more sleek. i think if they kept half of that stuff on there, the roof intake, the wing, "gills," they'd look out of place. sure they might be functional, but the final enzo looks more smooth than some of those other designs.

8. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    The first group looks like the Maser MC12..similar to Enzo.

12 cyclinder 625 hp with the snorkel, open top and wing,etc.

A magazine called "rpm" Registry of Performance Machines did a write up on it..got the mag from a car show I did last week and they were one of the sponsors...

Let me see if they have a web....

They do have a web, but you can not open the current issue...too bad.

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    So many better designs than the final thing ... amazing. I personally think they went too conservative, and chose the ugly duckling option. Some of those other designs would have had me donating my balls to science to own one :D ... Lets hope the F70 (or whatever) will take up the challenge.

Pete

10. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I was under the impression that the Enzo, having first been announced to Journalists and with the prototrypes being spotted around Italy (the ones with F-50 headlights and tailfins) was called F60 by magazine writers, but then when the first official photos were shown it was called the FX or, by a few, the FX60. Then it was announced to be the "Ferrari Enzo Ferrari" and, later, the "Ferrari Enzo." That is why I think the next supercar will be the F60, as the 60th anniversary of Ferrari Racing has not passed yet (I think so, annyway. If the 50th was 1995 [F50] then the next should be '05). If it were to be the F70, we'd have to wait until 2015, and I dont think Luca is that mean :)

So, hopefully that clears up some confusion on the naming of the Super-Ferraris, but really, who can predict what the next one will be called...

11. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    2007 Will be the 60th Anniversary of Ferrari (the F50 was early). So there could concievably be an F60 in the works. The success of the F40 is probably one of the reasons the F50 was early. The continued success of the Enzo could persuade Ferrari to create another supercar. It should also be noted that when the Enzo came out Monty said that there wouldn't be anymore cars based so closely on the formula one car, but he also said this when the F50 was released.

12. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Correct. Ferrari exists since 1947, the F40 came out in 1987, the F50 was an early bird but had to celebrate the 50th anniversary. If there will be a supercar to celebrate 70 years of Ferrari, it will most likely come out in 2007.

:D Looking forward to the F100!!! 100 years!!! That must be a great party!!!
    The 50 years Ferrari event in 1997 in Rome already seemed wonderful! Too bad I missed it!

:D But damn, I will turn 70 in 2047! The F355 I will have long time by then, will be a classic :D!

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    In many things the F50 was closer to a F1 car than the Enzo, so President Montezemolo was right there. I suppose that with the Enzo they wanted to do a very fast but also usable road car; so they chose the most "conventional" design: the one without wings, etc...

But I´d rather prefer something with wings and snorkel and all that stuff. This is supposed to be the "Super-Ferrari", isn´t it? If you want something for everyday use, buy a Maranello.

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    You meant 60 years = 2007
    and 70 years= 2017.

15. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Wowo, all those prototype are awesome !

16. KEFLON

KEFLON Rookie

Feb 1, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Faisal
    u can really see the development in the prototypes and how the came to the final design I think the final output is the best example of ferrari's exllent deign team. great data who ever collected it

17. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Oops, of course! Sorry, my mistake! :eek: :D

18. EL Nino

EL Nino Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    Nice sketches and little prototypes. I think they will use this for the Mille Chili Concept.

19. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i love the top picture, what is with the "F 140" plate

20. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    Isn't F140 the internal number for the Enzo? or is it the enginge number? I'm not sure...

Martin

21. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    More than a couple of those look like a good start to an enzo successor.

22. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Design works so well in retrospect. You can see just how much Ferrari wanted this thing to say "Formula one."

Fantastic. I recall Okuyama saying that the final design was crudely drawn as a last minute sort of idea. The Enzo we know, is very subdued compared to some of the first concepts for the car.

Great post!

Best
    Jon

23. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    I think the first drawing is much better looking than the final design.

24. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Nice research, thanks for the pics :D