Cylinder head bolt wrench | FerrariChat

Cylinder head bolt wrench

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lou staller, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    I really need some help with this one! I am looking for the wrench to remove the cylinder head nuts on a '84 308 QV. I went to my local Ferrari dealer to see if I could borrow/rent it for a few hours and was told it was against their company policy. So, here I am looking for a fellow F-Chatter that has the tool and is willing to let me borrow or rent it for a few days. Of course I'll pay all the shipping costs and a rental charge. Help me get these heads off! Please e-mail me at [email protected] or through the list.
    I really would appreciate it. Thanks...

2. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't know about the QV, but on my 308 2v I used a thin socket

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Lou Baum tools may have what you need. Do you have the ability to cut a wrench to fit? If you buy a cheap wrench and know what shape you want I can cut it and weld it and harden it for you in about 20 minutes but you have to drive up close to Torrance. I think I remember the approximate shape. I would start with a box wrench to sacrifice then a socket to get the 1/2" drive. Do a bit of cutting and welding and you are set. I think the wrench is supposed to look like a crows foot style but box head with a square cut in it on the top for the torque wrench.

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Lou-

You can make it yourself, or you can buy one from Mac Tools.

All it is, is an offset box wrench cut in half and welded to a 2" or 3", 3/8 drive drive extension.

5. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I just bought on from trutland--paid about 70.00 for it..
    Was going to make one but was too busy with other things

where are you? i can mail it to you for a few days use

Charles
    [email protected]