REQUEST: Detailed Subject Lines, please! | FerrariChat

REQUEST: Detailed Subject Lines, please!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doody, Apr 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    ladies & gents:

as you all have noticed, traffic is "up" here on FerrariChat. as a result, that means we all have way more data to sift through.

there's been a recent spate of posts with largely data-less subject lines. stuff like: "Help - I have a Question" and "PPI Questions" and "Has anybody seen this car".

there's just too much traffic here to expect everybody to read every thread. and many active members are HAPPY to see a thread they can just ignore because it appears random.

at a minimum, at least put the model (or models) information in the subject line, eg: "PPI Questions (348)". that way you'll attract the 348 people to pay attention - as well as the two folks who couldn't imagine having their morning coffee before they thought about some PPI issues ;).

some sites and usenet groups try to formalize subject information via codes and formatting to focus the data. i don't think we're at that point - and that gets annoying.

but if people can just include salient specifics in their subject line it'll mean BETTER RESPONSES for them because the people who care about such things will pay attention.

doody.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yup - let us "work smarter, not harder."

3. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Doody, I completely AGREE with your wise words!

4. RussF

RussF Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    I could not agree more. I get fed up with folks who want advice but do not list in the title or sometimes even in the text what model they are referring to. In an earlier post the person asking for advice said to go into his profile to find out the model number. In this and many other repects this forum needs some adult supervision. I am suprised by the number of juvenile posts that we have to sift through.