My driveway | FerrariChat

My driveway

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tbakowsky, Apr 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
  2. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    ^_____^~so nice~

3. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Where's my Twin Turbo? You didn't take it home? AWWWW, I could have been driving it? Shucks!

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    D'oh!! You mean I could have taken the beast for the weekend?? Much rather be driving that then a 355!! :)

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #5 tbakowsky, Apr 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    WOW. Sick driveway! That's awesome! Is that Berlinetta for sale?! Can you PM me the details with price etc.

Nice car Adrian, we need more pics man!

Vasco.R

7. KoenigFerrari

Feb 16, 2004
    Very nice collection of Ferraris you have there! I bet it is every guy's dream to have those cars on their driveway too!

8. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    I took tons of pics, then had problems with converting to the right format. Finally gave up! IF anyone can convert them, I'll be happy to email them. Tom and his friend are doing some final tweaking with the Motec fuel injection mapping, hopefully next weekend. The car goes for its detailing this Monday. All seats, leather trim etc to be taken out and completely redone...engine bay etc. Should look like an 18 year old car when we are done! LOL

Wish I could describe the way this car drives...nice and very tractable when you want it to be, then stomp on the gas, and scare the hell out of yourself! The exhaust is so loud and mean I have never heard anything like it! Had a couple of cops pull me over one night. I had just exited the highway onto a main street. Doing 30mph, when a minivan blew past me. I saw 2 cops look out from a side street, had heard the exhaust from far away, then saw the minivan blow by and thought we were racing! I pulled into the next gas station to fuel up and seconds later, both cops were racing by. One saw me and pulled into the gas station. Asked for all my identification. Told me he saw me racing. I explained I wasn't, but the other guy was. Anyway, let me go and said he had never heard an exhaust so loud and mean...was I sure it was legal! Anyway, this IS the car Ferrari should build, power and mean, no excuses.

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

*drrooll*

10. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Errr Vasco, I hope that droolll was meant for the car...not for me. NOT that there is anything wrong with that...(tribute to Seinfeld!)

11. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I love your black 355. Looks like you have got the nicest car among your neighbours

12. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Tom,

I hope you got the cars out on the road yesterday, because today's weather is playing a cruel prank on you.

13. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Nice! Very nice!

Ton

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Rain? What rain? I took it out anyway. I had to do some final inspection work to be sure everything is perfect on the car. It's going to the body shop for paint and then to the interior shop for some work also. Once she's all done it will be like a brand new car again.

The sound of this car is amazing. Even though I hear them all the time, for some reason this car sounds better then the rest. It makes the hair stand-up on the back of my neck...

Now then there's Adrians car..now that car is another story all toeghter. The sound this thing makes would make an F1 car blush with embarassment!!

15. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

I can seriously say we NEED to set up a Ferrari day. I have always thought Toronto had a lack of great car shows. We need to set up some sorta comittee and get things kickin ;-)

And Adrian, NO that drool wasnt for you hahahah. U r too much. :p

Tom, that 355 with those pipes must sound nice. I always thought a 355 with tubi is the nicest sounding F-car.

And yes I agree with Tom....."RAIN" What rain, after the Guy Show I did end up bringing the Lotus outta there, and that thing still whhoooooshed big time. Man do I love that turbo sound. I can only imagine Adrian's car. Adrian, can you do like those guys in the Porsche Cayenne commercial.......go into your garage, call me, put the cordless phone near the exhaust and rev the **** out of it, please? :)

Oh yes, and the babes at the Guy Show? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

*drooollll* (I sooo need a bib)

Vasco.R

16. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Hey, I'm not saying 'don't take it out', I agree with the idea that its a car and it should be driven. Saturday was a much nicer day for a drive though, and taking the car for a spin wouldn't have even got in the way of hockey! (thanks to arena football in Philly...)

17. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Although I do prefer 308's in red, I have to admit that they look downright awesome (nay...EVIL!!) in black.

18. Moondog

Moondog Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    North Carolina
    Tom,

Nice collection youve got going! Your neighboors have to wonder just what it is you REALLY do for a living.

I'm thinkin' about flying out your way in a few weeks. It would have to be on a weekend, would be interested in seeing your shop and hearing "the Beast" in person.... ( my wife will be SOOOO excited..., yea right! )

Tim Mooney

19. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Awesome!!!!

My favorite color combo.

20. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Wow Tom,
    Nice....I didn't think black could look so good. As you know, I sided with red on my purchase...I'm getting pictures now to post. It was nice to see just how much better a F-car looks than a P-car...no comparison whatsoever!!!...thanks to you for steering me the right way to my first F-car!!!

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    My pleassure helping out!! I really hope you enjoy your Ferrari!! It is one sweet ride.