Need a transporter | FerrariChat

Need a transporter

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by drsrock, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I need to find a transporter who is reputable to bring a car from Texas to NJ. I heard Horsless was struggling and someone recommended Inner City Transport out of Mass., but I cant find them on Google. If you have used a transporter recently please let me know good/bad/or indifferent.

2. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    It's "Intercity" and I've used them several times. They are excellent. This topic has been discussed several times though, so you may want to do a search. Good luck.

3. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    I just received my 355 on Thursday. They picked it up in Houston on Saturday, 5 days later it was in my driveway.
    It's they first time I used them, but I found everyone in thier office to the trucker to be absolutely professional.

4. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you guys. Found them and requested a Quote. BTW Can you tell me how much tey charged you for Houston-NY?

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    There is also Passport Transport, Horseless Carriage and a bunch of others. There have been specific threads devoted to this topic, so a quick search will yield you lots of information.

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Vic has some quality carriers here. Passport Transport, a div. of FedEX has done work for me. Being a FedEx company, they overpromise but also overdeliver.

ps: Vic, not sleeping in on Sunday morning, buddy?...lol

7. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    I would go private single car hauler if it were me,it's great I know a good man.
    It will take 2 days and cost about $1200.00 Even if he is in the middle of a haul which is likely,it will still be quicker and way safer,I will post his cell# today if I can get to my office.

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Michael -
    Did you get that 355 off of Ebay? Is it the one that had the burned ash tray? What are you impressions? The price was pretty low; was there anything else wrong with it?
    Interesting color!

9. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    Vista Motorsports 48 State Authority Gary Hubbell 417-861-8846 cell
    417-866-2504 office

10. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Michael- beautiful car! Came from Expo right? Deal w/ Mike and Rick?

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Let's not even start. In the office till 1:00am on Friday night/Saturday morning, up at 5:00 for ROE. Up today at 6:00am, in the office by 7:00am -- anticipated to be there the whole day. :(

Just my luck. What's up with you Tom -- hope you have better plans for a Sunday than I do?!

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Would love to get Michael's experience in dealing with Expo. Seem to be a pretty reputable shop, and prices are always lower than what other brokers/dealers are quoting. Always seem to have some pretty detailed pics of the car as well.

Any other experiences with these guys?

13. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yeakk....
    Our Sunday activities aren't that far off....except I have the comfort of home office and lighter workloads which affords me the luxury of multi tasking w/ FerrariChat...and the freedom of having coffee w/ lots of Bailey LOL...

Also, Im getting ready for an overseas biz trip. Hopefully, my new toy will arrive before my departure.....Tried to hire Passport Transport but due to my time restrain and their full booking, I went with Roadscholar. I had good references on them but this is my first time.

14. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I used PASSPORT. They delivered the car and the seats were covered, the floors were covered, the steering wheel was covered, and the car was covered.

15. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob

Intercity is great and so is Goldrush. Try Inter-city on google.

Best,

Rob

www.bridgemc.com

A Collector Car Facility Like No Other

16. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    May 5, I am having my car transported to Rspeed & returned. Will let you know it goes. Price is very good.

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Which one? An F-Car?

18. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    That would be a Miata going to RSpeed for a Jackson Racing supercharger install. 40% more hp w/ all bells & whistles. Flat-bed that transports show cars, Ferraris, Lambos, etc.

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Congratulations!

20. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    RSpeed assures me a clean transport w/ this company. I take notice of dings too. You need an enclosed cargo trailer I think.

21. GaryA

GaryA Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    Full Name:
    Gary Almond
    I transport high-end cars in a single car enclosed trailer. My most recent delivery was a 1970 Ferrari Daytona for a member of this forum (Daytona, FL to Monterey, CA). I have excellent references and would be more than happy to transport your car. I'm also the owner of a very high performance Viper and treat every car with the same kind of care as I do my own.

Here is a link to a post by a recent very satisfied customer. He bought a Viper from the Nelson collection (Lambo dealer in Ohio):

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=386055&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=385740&Search=true#Post386055

And I've gained a certain amount of notoriety for a unique trailer camera system that allows me to keep an eye on the car while I'm transporting it. The following link shows pictures of my setup:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=385627&page=8&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Feel free to call me (240-994-1343) or email me if you have any questions. My prices are very competitive and I can always provide better service than all the big guys.

22. rascalif

rascalif Karting

Dec 20, 2003
    Southern California
    Just a warning to everyone. NEVER, under any circumstances, use BT Auto Transport. I had the worst experience of my life with any business when I contracted with them to transport my Mondial. They will say anything to stall (truck broken down, misunderstood instructions, etc) while they ignore your phone calls.

23. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    As far as 'm concerned, Jonathan Peck is the only one I would ever use. He doesn't do any of that "We'll pick it up some time in the next 10 days" crap. Or wait 3 days while he's waiting to pick up another car. Plus his rates are quite reasonable.

Jonathan Peck
    DJ's Transportation
    214-289-8915
    [email protected]

Good luck

24. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    drsrock,

How soon does your car need to be in NJ. I have been going there about once a week for the past month or so and I would be happy to help you in getting up there.

Give me a call if you haven't already made other arrangements.

Jonathan Peck
    DJ's Transportation
    214-289-8915
    www.djstransport.com

huskerntexas, thank you for the kind words. I look forward to meeting you and the car Thursday...

25. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I used this company as a local friend here in Indy only uses them to transport his collection. http://bigskyexpress.com/
    I had Rock bring my 360 from Shelton Ferrari in Fort Lauderdale to Indy. He called me along the way and delivered the car wherever I desired. He uses a single level transport trailer. He uses no 'depots' for switching trailers and lost time involved. I can't say enough good about him and as another benefit, he was $200 cheaper than Intercity and one other company. After my drop he was on his way to pick up two of Nicholas Cage's cars in Pittsburgh bound for the West Coast.