Cruise-In May 1st, D&M Motorsports | FerrariChat

Cruise-In May 1st, D&M Motorsports

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Double_K, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Double_K

Double_K Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Hello my name is Kerry and I own and manage Double K Productions. I have met a number of you ladies and gents at a few of the cruises/shows from last year.
    I know most of you enjoy cruising or driving you cars vs. attending shows which does require longer stops at the event, so I thought you might be interested in this Cruise-In. It is located on North Ave. in Glen Ellyn about 1 mile West of 355 at D&M Motorsports. They deal w/ primarily higher end cars, Cobras, Vettes, etc, (not just the Muscle Car) and I think you guys would enjoy this place as a nice stop. So if you are out and about as a group or flying solo, feel free to stop in and say Hello.
    10am-3pm, w/ the grill heating up around noonish.
    Thank you and see you at the show!
    Kerry
    http://www.doublekproductions.com/050104.pdf

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board Kerry! And what a nice splash you make for your first post.

What's the deal on this event? Is it a judged concours or just hanging with the guys?

Personally I don't know yet whether I could make it, might have to work that weekend.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I've stopped in there a few times. Also,saw all of the Cobra's that were at the Detailing Seminar at Fox Valley,over there afterwards,while I was on my way home. They always have alot of Corvettes. But,have seen Ferrari's and other cars,(Vipers,T-Birds,Cobra's,etc...) Thanks for the invite! :)

4. Double_K

Double_K Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    No, judging or even registration. Just a Cruise In, open house kinda thing...I just thought it might be a good stopping point if the weather is good and your out cruising.
    Take care!

5. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Maybe the people at D&M have had a serious change in their attitude...
    I went there last year to check out a car after talking at length with a salesman on the phone.
    Incredibly rude, stuck up, and OBVIOUSLY lacking in knowledge regarding the car.

6. Double_K

Double_K Rookie

Apr 25, 2004

a serious change in their attitude...hmmm, couldn't tell you about that.

I have been asked to host an open house. Like I said, I met a few members of this board last year at a couple of events that I thought would enjoy a nice cruise spot if they are out and about. If you can make it great, if not maybe another time at another place.

By the way, which D&M are you referring to?

7. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Hi Kerry,

Welsome to F-Chat. Bob (Red 308) and myself (Black 328) had attended a few of your cruise days at Rookie's last year and that one time we all swung by at Steak and Shake by Fox Valley Mall. A few of us also stopped at Hooters too... Anyways, looking forward to coming to some of your events again this year. I won't be in town this comming weekend to make it to D&M. Thanks for the invite though, will for sure make some other ones this summer, i almost stopped in last saturday after our Detailing seminar at FVM when you had that show going on at the Chevy dealer there on North AV. But, i think a Ferrari would have been out of place at a Chevy dealer, unless a bunch of us came in force... HAH!

Anyways, thanks for the invite though, maybe some of the guys on here may swing by, will be looking forward to more this summer...

Tod

8. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I'm talking about the D&M on North ave about a mile west of 355, on the south side of the street.... the guys that have a lot of vipers and vettes...
    Nothing against you, Double_K, as we have never met and I have heard good things about the events you put together.
    After my experience and complete waste of several hours of my time, I like to warn people about D&M. There are plenty of nice people to deal with out there... its just that they are not on that list.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,Tod. I saw that Carshow going on at Sunrise Chevy,also. But,I didn't have time to stop in to look. I used to bring one of my Corvettes over there when it was another name. A local Corvette club used to have an Early Spring show there.

As far as D&M Motorsports goes. I stopped by there last Summer to check out an '87 Testarossa. The guy that helped me,(A real young guy) was very nice,helpful,and knew all about that car. He was O.K. with me. I did pull up in my 308,though....

Now,D&M Corvette in Downers Grove...THERE'S where I got plenty of attitude.The owners are very cool. Really nice. The sales guys were,too. But,the Manager of the Body Shop and of the Repair Shop,especially, are both total _______(Word that goes here,I promised Andreas that I wouldn't post here anymore...:) But,starts with an "A". ) It's a Miracle that they even have any business with those attitudes....:(

Double "K" ? Those guys are Fantastic! Last Fall,I took my 6 year old son with me to a CarShow at the Downers Grove Hooters. He let my boy go into the Booth/Trailer,and pull out all of the Raffle tickets. The Hooters Girls were smilin' at him,and making him blush. And,they had the crowd give him a Big hand for helping out. They also gave him some Prizes for "helping out". That little boy was beaming the rest of the week,and told everyone who would listen,all about his experience. Those guys at Double "K" are #1 in our book!! Thanks Kerry! We'll be seeing you all throughout the Summer,I am sure!