Had my first ride/drive in an F50 today. | FerrariChat

Had my first ride/drive in an F50 today.

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by chaa, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Went to a frends house today and another of his mates was there in an F50. I was there in my 355 spider, my frend has got a 360 coupe (ex footballers car) .Anyway the F50 was the open top type and the same colour as my spider which is Barchetta red. The guy (wayne) is a cool guy and we got on great,he took me out for a blast on the other side of matlock in derbyshire, then he pulled over in a lay by and let me drive, F**King fantastic. I was a bit nervey becourse its a left hooker and the oncomming trafic seemed awfuly close to the passanger side. There are some good straights on our route where i could let go somewhat. GOD! i neeeed one.We are going to meet up next weekend all of us for a run out so i had better fit the NOs LOL! A few hourse latter i jumpt back in my 355 spider and did not feel good about it at all, my mind was else were. Saw alot of f cars to day on the road but the f50 eclipses all. I will take pics next weekend and post em. Oh yea the has two other Ferraris 360 spider and Dino.

2. keof50

keof50 Guest

I live quite close to matclock i think you are a very lucky person. When i have been in matlock i have seen a 355GTB and a Tuscan they are about the best

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Glad you got to have this experience chaa - though it may have spoiled you a bit if you don't love your 355 right back, aye?

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    What a cool experience!! Thanks for sharing :)

5. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Chaa,

Awesome - Need pics - All hell - we will just all come and join you :) Wonder if my 355 Spider will float across the pond ;-P

Rich

6. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    pics please

7. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Sweet man. I bet that is an experience you'll never forget. I'd love to do it some day.

8. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Congratulations on the ride Chaa. What color was it? I had a chance to check out a black one last year and it was one sweet ride. I'm sure it was a weird feeling stepping back in the 355. On a side note that bike you posted is sweet! Post pics of the F50 when you get a chance.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

LMAO ! Jean Claude Van Damm ! Bloodsport ?

10. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    You got it Amenasce!

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Charlie, that sounds awesome, congratulations... Any pictures...?