Suggestions for local upholstery shops? | FerrariChat

Suggestions for local upholstery shops?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jdubbya, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll be looking for an upholstery shop to work with when I start tearing my interior apart in a couple months. I've got recomendations for Parkland Upholstery in Tacoma and Russell's over here near Bremerton. Any other suggestions around the Tacoma area? Thanks for the help!
    John

2. Janet

Janet Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Pacific Northwest / Florida
    Full Name:
    Janet
    You will be very happy with Russell's. Their work is wonderful. That little shop stays VERY busy but it is well worth the wait.

3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    what about recommandation of shops within the greater Seattle area for minor re-dye job on the seat bulsters? And has anyone had any work done by Mr. Dave Stone, a Leatherique dealer in Vancouver, Washington ? TIA.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Anthony,
    Understand that a re-dye is sort of like "painting" the leather, and regardless of method...it will likely not hold up as well as the original job. That said, I had a terrible experience with "David's Leather and Vinyl Repair" here in Seattle (mobile service). He came recommended, and does a good deal of work with local car dealers. He did the door panels and seats in my previous 308. Due to improper surface prep, the seats started flaking within a few days. He apologized and redid them...and again, within days, the seats were flaking and peeling. He attempted a "touch up" and this too, was not satisfactory. After this, he refused to return my calls....even though I was willing to give him a final opportunity to rectify the problem.

I ended up taking the car to a place in Kirkland that came highly recommended, and this job worked out much better. He completely stripped them and started over, and while I crashed the car a few months later, I saw no detectible wear starting....

http://www.interiorrenovation.com/ Kurt Perry is the owner, nice guy.

Dave

5. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the website, I will try to get in touch with him sometime soon.

Anthony