When will MS clinch the title? | FerrariChat

When will MS clinch the title?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Will Michael get his 7th title in Hockenheim?

1. Yes in his home GP.

2. No. He'll get it after the Hockenheim GP.

3. No. He'll get it before the Hockenheim GP.

4. Michael won't make it this year.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    After three race MS has a 15 points advantage. So in theory after twelve (of 18) races he should have 60 points advantage, which would be the "break even" point with six more races to go (and 60 points to score in total). The 12th race happens to be his home GP in Hockenheim btw.

So: When will he be crowned?

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He will have it on or before his race win at Autodromo Nazionale di Monza.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    At the current rate of <ahem> competition, he will have enough points in 4 more races to keep everyone except RB from obtaining the crown.

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    yer gonna jinx it.....

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Okay... so the season is all but over as MS runs away in his sleep from the rest of the cars. With the title in the bag, MS is bored he decides to walk away before he gets hurt. Now let the new F1 Decade begin, it'll be fun watching a race where 5 or 6 guys stand an equal chance of winning. The 05 season, and some real racing excitment, are just around the corner.

Do any of you see MS sticking around to beat a dead dog for another year?

6. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    You guys are really killing me here!! Dudes, the year is only 3 races in as of now and we are not even at half way point yet. And now ya'll feel that the WC is a lock already ?! *LOL*

Stats are nothing but a bunch of numbers with icying on them. Let's not forget that teams usually do most of their developments on the cars during the European leg of the tour. Williams, McLaren and Renault all have the abilities that are needed to catch up to Ferrari, remember, this is Formula One !! Heck, it looks like even BAR could win a race this year.

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Hockenheim which would be cool IMHO!!

8. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Hockenheim is only, what, race 12 out of 18 - has the title ever been clinched 2/3 of the way through the season? I'd vote for Monza at the earliest. There will be mistakes made through the season - fuel hoses won't engage, tires will roll the wrong way in the pits, rain at the wrong time, no one can do 100+ days with perfection. It's been an amazing season so far though. very impressive.

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I see MS staying for at least one more year. I doubt he will extend his '06 contract.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That'd be ok with me. Otherwise I'll be left figuring out who comes in third for the rest of the season.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I predict a 100% win record from MS this year!

To make it interesting for himself, he will restrict his car to the first 4 gears in the final few races and still win.

Due to increasing boredom he will purposely stop on his qualifying laps so he has to start at the rear of the grid and stuck with only 4 gears still romp home and SCREAM past RB while he is having one of his normal lapses, where RB he is trying to decide whether racing cars should really be his profession :) ... you are supposed to laugh here ;).

Jinx away please to keep MS interested.

Pete

12. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I have no doubt that he will win again this season, just the matter of WHICH race.

I love the sound and gear shifting sound when the camera shot at either Michael or Ruben's car. So SMOOOOTH :)

FORZA FERRARI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

13. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I love MS!!!!!!

14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

HAHA, you all laugh now but many of you were desperate when you saw the "too-much-conservative" car for this year and said that Ferrari had lost the pace, etc...

Let´s wait and see...

15. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im not going to vote on this it's bad luck. Like even MS himself would say "it's not over till it's over." Even if everyone in the entire world can tell he still has it in the bag he still wouldnt say so. I seriously can't even vote on this.

16. maranellored

maranellored Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Elzach/Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph Joos
    Hallo Guys
    The newest Information of the Germanpress are:Two Formula 1 Driver and one Teamchief must locking for a new Job!!!!! The poor Raikoonen and his Teammate Couldhard and the little Norbert Haug!!!!!! She looks all for a Job to make Services on Gokart at the MS-Kartraceway at Kerpen.He Mercedesguy's you make not a good Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Foooooooooooooooooooorza Ferrrrrrrrrrrrrari !!!!!!!!!!
    MS Make his 7th Title at Monza clear

17. maranellored

maranellored Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Elzach/Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph Joos

18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    From you spelling, choice of words, and ability to form complete sentences, it is clear you are a product of the texas school system.

19. davel

davel Guest

MS will come back to defend his title. As Steve Matchet said a champion should always come back to defend. If MS loses then Id think he was done. This year he will win and he will come back. I think Ferrari would be reluctant yet to let him go and not come back to defend. Winning for them is addictive and prestigious. There really is nothing on the horizon to challenge them yet. BAR will need 2 more years to possibly match Ferrari. I see them, with the current rules making the challenge to Ferrari, Williams next then Renault. I think Mclaren is done for the year. The feeling of confusion that comes from watching them is overwhelming.
    This could all change with future rules adjustments. Seem some folks feel the rules change helped the Honda engines. To find the balance Ferrari has achieved is very difficult. No one has the driver, team, management, second team mate or reliability and chassis that Ferrari does. This type of domination will not be replicated for years if ever.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Don't be so harsh Mitch. I think Maranellored is German and facing a bit of a language barrier.

So Maranellored, welcome to the board. What did the German press say about Mercedes and BMW? If you like, post it in German, I can translate.

I just checked Bild's website, but nothing shockingly new there.

21. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I believe in MS and all, but I'm not completely negating the competition. Even though it seems as if there is no competition and it looks like 2002 again. I still think Hockenheim seems a bit early, but I wouldn't mind him clinching it (even if it's "bad" for the sport).

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Update:
    After 4 races MS gains 4 points on average per race over his competition. So currently that would give him the title in Hungary, one race after Hockenheim.

23. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    We will know the result at the end of the season.

There are many many miles of racing to come yet!!

Ferrari showed again that timing is everything.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't think so. I think we will know long before the end of the season.

25. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto that.