insurance and accident question | FerrariChat

insurance and accident question

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Schatten, Apr 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Wondering of any complications that will come of this. Here's the scoop:

me, driving someone else's car, rear ended someone else.

I live in Texas. I drive the same car, insured in Texas.
    Car owner lives in Southern California. It's insured by Farmers Insurance.
    Car was being driven in Northern California.
    Car that was hit resides in Northern California.

I'm at fault. No ticket issued. Really, this isn't something to conest - racing brake pads do NOT stop a car after being in stop & go traffic for 45 minutes.

The car owner says to pay him $500 for the deductable, which I have no problem with. He says it will not effect his insurance since I was driving. Is this correct? Will it come back to my insurance company?

BTW, the impact was only ~5mph, but did some hefty damage on my friend's car, and not much but a bumper replacement on the other car which was a Civic.

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Randy, sorry to hear about your misfortune. You should not be affected since you are not claiming this on your policy. Pay his deductible & be done with it. However, Farmers is one of the most difficult insurance companies to work with when making claims. I feel sorry for you buddy & the body shop that deals with the misguided adjuster. If anything, have the insured party keep you out of the claim.

PM your # if you want to discus this further..

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    eh, one Farmer's rep called and left a message when I was out on Friday. He said he was investigating the case. I did provide my name & number. I did all I could to be accomidating, which is more than most people would do in any situation. The accident is from the picture you saw last night. The bumper on the other car isn't that bad at all, but needs to be replaced & reshot. The S...eh... you know how that goes. Lots of replacement parts there.

So, will he inquire about my insurance? And what if he does without warrant? Do I deny that information? hmmmm. Might drop you a line later today.